Honored Contributor

Re: Colton Underwood - BACHELOR

Do not watch these ridiculous shows on tv but I did hear this news a day or so ago. 

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did he just figure this out yesterday?????????????????

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Do not watch these ridiculous shows on tv but I did hear this news a day or so ago. 

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did he just figure this out yesterday?????????????????

I don't watch these shows either.  When I saw the promo, I immediately thought, he's announcing that he's gay.  I didn't even know who he was, had to Google him.  Then, I said to myself I guess that means we'll now have a gay Bachelor show.  Personally, I think the whole premise of the show is degrading.

Esteemed Contributor

This guy is toxic. Gay or not. He literally stalked, harassed and threatened his finance. He was also the first Bachelor with a restraining order put on him. She had proof. So yay ! Robin Roberts and the film company who want to put this guy in the spotlight. Personally I would rather get Cassie's story out there.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Some posters jsut don't get it..... Woman Frustrated

Valued Contributor

There is now a petition circulating to get  his new show off of Netflix:

Petition to Cancel Colton Underwood's Netflix Documentary Nears 10,000 Signatures (newsweek.com)

I hadn't heard that much about the restraining order that the exgirlfriend had initiated - apparently it was initiated in September and then dropped.  What I don't understand is that in September you are stalking and trying to track your exgirlfriend and then seven months later you are starring in a TV series about how you're gay.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   I so totally agree - degrading on nationwide tv. Who in the world would stoop to such antics? I'll answer this by saying apparently many because it's still on and people actually watch this stuff. So degrading and utterly ridiculous!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

There is now a petition circulating to get  his new show off of Netflix:

Petition to Cancel Colton Underwood's Netflix Documentary Nears 10,000 Signatures (newsweek.com)

I hadn't heard that much about the restraining order that the exgirlfriend had initiated - apparently it was initiated in September and then dropped.  What I don't understand is that in September you are stalking and trying to track your exgirlfriend and then seven months later you are starring in a TV series about how you're gay.  

Interesting article and it makes sense.  Unfortunately in his quest to hide who he really is he did things that were just plain wrong and he is getting a free pass and a pat on the back.  He also wrote a book that she wasn't thrilled with the portions that involved her.  Because of him trying to suppress this, he made her life he**....but somehow that's ok because this was hard for him.   In retrospect it looks like it was retaliation because she couldn't make him straight.  

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

If you listen to the entire interview (15+ minutes, I saw it On Demand) you'll see why he didn't accept this sooner. He knew there was something 'different' about himself  from age 6, he didn't figure out what that might be until HS. He was 'praying it away' for years because of his religion. 

I heard there's a reality show coming up, I think it'll be potentially helpful to lots of people feeling lost in their truth. Is he extending his 15 minutes of fame? Maybe. Everyone has their own way to deal with acceptance.

Oh, please.  Another boring, selfish narcissist playing the victim, with the media applauding him for it -- all to make a buck while advancing an agenda.

@Ibby114 wrote:

If you listen to the entire interview (15+ minutes, I saw it On Demand) you'll see why he didn't accept this sooner. He knew there was something 'different' about himself  from age 6, he didn't figure out what that might be until HS. He was 'praying it away' for years because of his religion. 

I heard there's a reality show coming up, I think it'll be potentially helpful to lots of people feeling lost in their truth. Is he extending his 15 minutes of fame? Maybe. Everyone has their own way to deal with acceptance.

Esteemed Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

Oh, please.  Another boring, selfish narcissist playing the victim, with the media applauding him for it -- all to make a buck while advancing an agenda.

@vsm  How was Colton playing 'the victim'??
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It could be that there are some young adults/men and women, maybe many, who are in the position of hiding their true selves.  

They might marry, etc., but aren't really 'there' in that marriage.  

'I don't know', so many situations that maybe we don't quite understand. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).