Honored Contributor

On CNBC, they are showing American Greed and it is about how parents have managed to get their kids into elite schools...fascinating! Singer is really a snake according to this. They show how Loughlin, Huffman, and others were totally aware they were doing something illegal.  If you can watch this, you will see a different picture of what the news has reported.

Trusted Contributor

Re: College Admissions Scandals

Thank you, will be watching!

Trusted Contributor

I didn't see the show.  Did they mention how wealthy parents are giving up custody of their kids and turning them over to relatives in order for them to qualify for financial aid?  There are so many despicable ways people cheat the system.  I know a few very well off people who've manipulated the system to get what I call "freebies."  What cracks me up is they are the first to make disparaging remarks about poor people who really need welfare.  They call them mooches.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

I didn't see the show.  Did they mention how wealthy parents are giving up custody of their kids and turning them over to relatives in order for them to qualify for financial aid?  There are so many despicable ways people cheat the system.  I know a few very well off people who've manipulated the system to get what I call "freebies."  What cracks me up is they are the first to make disparaging remarks about poor people who really need welfare.  They call them mooches.   

And people just adore those thieves - the celebrities.  I would recall all the degrees and strip the 'graduates' of their units, etc. and have them pay like everyone else and attend and learn like everyone else. 

The nation will suffer with dunces like those privledged students. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Jaspersmom wrote:

And people just adore those thieves - the celebrities.  I would recall all the degrees and strip the 'graduates' of their units, etc. and have them pay like everyone else and attend and learn like everyone else. 

@Puzzle Piece.  If you think it is just celebrities that do this you are very misinformed.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Jaspersmom wrote:

@Puzzle Piece.  If you think it is just celebrities that do this you are very misinformed.

I am more than aware it more than just celebrities.  I've lived here in CA all my life and this sort of thing has been happening way too long in too many places. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Jaspersmom wrote:

I am more than aware it more than just celebrities.  I've lived here in CA all my life and this sort of thing has been happening way too long in too many places. 

@Puzzle Piece. Well it’s happened in NJ with a well known, high up family. A family who should not be doing it. 

Esteemed Contributor

This garbage has been going on for decades!!!  The haves and the have nots.  There are plenty of privileged people whose money and/or famous names bought their degrees!!!  Just review some of the graduates from The Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania.  

IMO, every single degree awarded to undeserving students should be revokec immediately!!!  Those people didn't earn their admission or their degree.  

Sadly, the college admissions process needs a complete overhaul.  Too much emphasis on famous names, the wealthy, certain athletes, etc.  What does this say to our high school students who are working hard to be admitted to college???