Respected Contributor

How many of you think that you will watch Code Black?

I have always loved medical shows.  I go way back to Medical Center, Marcus Welby and St Elsewhere.  However from watching the previews I think this one might be too intense for me.  The actors that are in it are favorites of mine and I would normally love them in another type of show.

I guess things are just different now and people seem to want more reality in shows.  I'm afraid a lot of the shows from the 60's  and 70's would seem so tame and boring to many people today.  

I still love my Murder She Wrote and Hart to Hart reruns though.

Honored Contributor

HELLO j I'm either going to warch it or DVR it.

Respected Contributor

I will watch it, though I haven't especially cared for network programming the last few years.  Not a criticism.  I think I'm just burned out on tv since I've been watching it for over sixty years.  Watching the first episode of This is Life With Lisa Ling on CNN right now (& checking in on the sale at HSN)

Honored Contributor

Sorry I missed Lisa Ling.  Hopefully I can catch it on the re-runs.  Thanks for the heads up.

Esteemed Contributor

This has been so pushed on my local sports talk radio - no thank you.  Sounds like another "24" but in a hospital.

I, too loved St. Elsewhere.  I'll never forget an episode where a birth occurred and the on call doc was not available, and the resident in charge decided to handle things, and the husband said yes while the wife was on oxygen and knew it was wrong . . . and she died.  The resident rode home on the subway and the sorrow was so clear.  Poignant.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I'l watch one more show to give it a chance, but I wasn't impressed.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no interest in any gory medical show.

Honored Contributor

Go back even further to Ben Casey and Dr Kildare, loved St Elsewhere, so well written and acted, not ot mention ER for 15 years. Did not see Code Black. watched Nashville, but Code Black got only a fair review in my paper, said MG Harden is by far its best feature.

Respected Contributor

Code Black didn't capture my interest.  I'll stick with the soap opera that is Grey's Anatomy.  There is another NBC medical show coming up in mid-season called Heartbreaker that is a drama based on the life of a real heart surgeon.

Honored Contributor

Also love Nightshift which is on nbc , comes on mid season as well, very well done.