Honored Contributor

Cloris Leachman, 'Mary Tyler Moore Show' Star, Dead at 94

Honored Contributor

I keep seeing her lately on Facts of Life last 2 seasons. She was a hoot at 82 on DWTS. won a well deserved Oscar in 1971 for Last Picture Show. she will be missed. 

Honored Contributor

She was a favorite.  I remember once she saying that she made spaghetti, as she was a vegetarian, and took it and her kids to the drive- in movie, no junk food for for them.

Honored Contributor

I thought she was already dead. Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Cloris Leachman RIP

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I keep seeing her lately on Facts of Life last 2 seasons. She was a hoot at 82 on DWTS. won a well deserved Oscar in 1971 for Last Picture Show. she will be missed. 

@Shelbelle 

She was one of a kind.  Wasn't she a beauty queen before being an actress?  I just had to look that up, and yes, she was Miss Chicago.

Honored Contributor

So sad to see exceptionally talented, one of a kind, stars leave us.

I liked many of her roles, but I won't forget her in Prancer.  Perfect casting.  

Occasional Contributor

My favorite Cloris Leachman role was probably " Frau Blucher"   in Young Frankenstein.

Respected Contributor

Cloris was the first mom on Lassie but hated the job and said it wasn't for her.

Esteemed Contributor

Cloris Leachman was very funny. I always loved listening to her. I'm sure she's already making them laugh in heaven.

RIP!! Thanks for the memories!!💐

Honored Contributor

I loved her comedy in Young Frankenstein, hilarious, and I loved her serious dramatic role in The Last Picture Show.  She was also great on TV in the Mary Tyler Moore show and Facts of Life.  I would say she had a full rewarding life as an actress who has left her mark in the world of entertainment.

May she be at peace with God, and know she was a star!