Respected Contributor

I am not a Clooney fan at all Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

My goodness he definitely doesn't deserve it! I guess they give it to anyone nowadays. 

Just curious.....who would you say does deserve it??

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

My goodness he definitely doesn't deserve it! I guess they give it to anyone nowadays. 

@ID2

???    Why doesn't he deserve it?   It sounds like you have absolutely no idea what he's accomplished thus far in his life.  I would love to know how you arrived at this ....

Honored Contributor

It was a great show, very well done!! Clooney and Amal looked amazing and seemed so happy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Clooney Gets Honored

[ Edited ]

In case anyone is interested, I found a few snaps of George, Amal and the twins .........  

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 I like his acting and he also isn't hard on the eyes. I don't know if he should have gotten this award at this stage of his life, (50's)) he still has a way to go. He has accomplished a lot in his career as an actor, aside from his directing, producing, etc.. He and Amal are  from my understanding, Humanitarians. That alone, gives him a lot of cred (not cried )with me. I thought the show was well done. Thanks for the pics.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Esteemed Contributor

I never thought he was the best of actors, but he is a easy person to watch in shows.  He has participated in many  humanitarian programs around the world.  He and his wife appear to be compassionate, benevolent people.   

It does seem too early to award someone of his young age a "lifetime" award!

Honored Contributor

Whether or not you like someone or not shouldn't be a reason for not giving them an award.  It is based on their achievements and contributions to the entertainment field.

I can guess why George Clooney isn't liked by some and that is their business.  I see him as person who has given much to this world. His Humanitarian acts especially at Africa are above and beyond others who have given time and effort to help  Anyone who tries to make the world a better place and helps not only with money but puts in time and creates positive change should get an award.  Clooney has proven his worth as an actor and more so as someone who has contributed to giving those in need a way for a better life.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spiderw  The negative comments I see about the award have to do with his relatively young age to receive a lifetime achievement award.  That was even mentioned several times at the awards ceremony itself, most prominently by Shirley MacLaine who presented the award to George.

I'm not reading anything else into the comments here, other than he is perhaps too young to receive it, as there is still much time for him to do even a lot more (which would be discussed at such an awards ceremony).

Honored Contributor

At least he is a bit mature. I have seen it handed out to people in their 30s, way too young