Respected Contributor

Re: Clint Eastwood on Ellen TV show today

Yes, the Mule was a good movie also taken from real life into a movie. Love when the find a real life story it into a movie. It was good if you go to nexflex or something it is a good movie on a Sunday afternoon to watch. 

Honored Contributor

Most of his movies were a bit before my time so I've went back and watched them. I admire that he is still working and putting out quality movies. DH and I loved The Mule and plan to see his latest movie. People look for plot holes and such but we just want to see a good story and CE does that without fail!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband and I were watching a movie a couple of weekends ago called The Mule (2018) and at first I thought they did a great makeup job to age him but when I checked and saw he was really 89 years old that was jaw dropping!  I forgot how long he has been around.

We enjoyed the movie though.  He's a great actor and director, love his movies.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

My husband and I were watching a movie a couple of weekends ago called The Mule (2018) and at first I thought they did a great makeup job to age him but when I checked and saw he was really 89 years old that was jaw dropping!  I forgot how long he has been around.

Did Clint play an 89-year-old in the movie?  So I guess it's a compliment if he had to be made-up to look like one.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve heard something about a boycott of the movie over the depiction of the female reporter. I looked her up before the movie came out. I guess I saw something promoting the movie and looked her up. She sounded driven and died fairly young. I haven’t seen the movie...yet. Could be the depiction is accurate. 

Glad this movie was made. I’m anxious to see how the leap was made from Jewel being a hero to his (false) accusation as bomber. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Did Clint play an 89-year-old in the movie?  So I guess it's a compliment if he had to be made-up to look like one.  Smiley Happy

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I know they used some makeup on him you have to with the lights and all the other factors involved, but he's hanging in there.  He loves what he does which is always important.  At my job we have a "young at heart" lady that has been here since 1966 and she is 96 years and still going strong working two days a week.