Trusted Contributor

Re: Classic Movie Fans: Do you read the credits?

@candys mine 

Oh I know - those grips are KEY! Woman LOL

@jellyBEAN 

Thank you for the heads-up on The Women - I LOVE THAT MOVIE! So kooky and such great dialogue. And..those costumes! And that "exercise" class they all went to at the "spa!" So hilarious! I love the Adrian fashion show in color in the middle of the movie. It is really a classic.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee

Oh, I agree 100 percent - no one at movie theaters shows respect for the credits. I think that's why contemporary movie-makers put deleted scenes and "bloopers" at the end of their movies -- it encourages people to stay and watch the credits!

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline 

I love your post! I have only recently noticed Perc, Wally and the rest of the Westmore Family Make-Up Dynasty in the credits since watching Westmore Beauty on QVC. They mentioned that the family INVENTED false eyelashes. I had no idea.

I never realized your avatar is from "Laura!" It really is one of the great film noirs of all time -- and Gene Tierney is so stunningly beautiful on screen she takes your breath away.

I am going to google Cashin Fashion, as I remember the costumes in that movie being very distinctive. I am not familiar with Bonnie Cashin. Thanks for the heads-up on her - I love looking up costume designers and finding some of their original sketches!  

Honored Contributor

Anyone watch DANGEROUS with Bette Davis and Franchot Tone? Loved it. And more than the movie I loved the house. In fact, I want that house. We have 15 more minutes to watch-it's on pause while DH picks up dinner-our Saturday night treat-dinner and a movie. Don't laugh. It's the best we can do. 

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline
That sounds like a terrific night in. Yes...I loved Dangerous.. Bette Davis at her absolute best. Enjoy!
Esteemed Contributor

Always look at the credits on movies and TV shows - see some interesting things sometimes    Was just watching Route 66 and they showed a very nice hotel.   Dring the credits it said filmed with the cooperation of.....so I googled it to see if it was still around.   I have seen Bud Westmore's name on movies and TV shows, but never Perc.  Don't like when they shrink the credits.

Trusted Contributor

The Westmore’s have been in Hollywood a long time.  Mackenzie’s Dad won an Oscar for doing the makeup in the movie Mask that had Cher in it.  He had an autobiography out a few years ago which was very interesting.  They really are a talented family.

Trusted Contributor

@Jinlei 

Oh that is interesting - thank you for the information. Wow! Her father did the makeup for MASK? That was a very intense movie.

I am going to look for that autobiography. Sounds like it would be filled with lots of old Hollywood factoids and tales.