Trusted Contributor

It's one of my faves.  Saw it when I was a very young girl one day when I was flipping channels on the tv.  I was mesmerized.  The cinematograpy creates a larger than life character and the darkness of his life it haunting.  The ending (no spoilers) is what brings everything full circle and hits home with a very important life lesson.  It's not a movie for everyone, I understand, but I'd still say give it a chance.

Respected Contributor

Please spoil me i didn't get it , i have never watched the movie from start to finish , but have seen it all , put this in a spoiler for me , and i love classics , but i just never got why everyone thought this movie was so great , and i am pretty objective , knowing not everyone is going to love every movie.

Honored Contributor

I had watched the movie many times BEFORE I figured out the meaning of "Rosebud." hidemf3.gif

Agnes Morehead is in the beginning of the movie.  She played his mother.

I love Joseph Cotton.  He's the main reason I watch the movie whenever it comes on tv.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I was so disappointed after watching this movie. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Citizen Kane I I- ARGHHHH

I watched it once in my 72 years on cable and was bored senseless.

Honored Contributor

I find Citizen Kane a fascinating film for many reasons.  Someone mentioned The Magnificent Ambersons.  That is a movie I found very boring and have never been able to get through!!  Different strokes for different folks!

Frequent Contributor

I have only seen the movie in bits and pieces but I do know what "Rosebud" at the end means..........read below if you want to find out.

It was his sled when he was a young boy.  He is remembering a time in his life when he was truly happy.

Honored Contributor

Orson Welles was very good looking as a young man too, and a great voice

I am sure the voice actor for The Brain channels him 

Pinky and The Brain 

Respected Contributor

deeW , did you forget to put spoiler , there is nothing to read.

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I am the odd one out....I love that movie!  It was beautifully filmed, and I found the story to be compelling.

There are lots of movies considered classics that I don't care for, though.  We all have different tastes!

@alicedee  You're not alone.  I have watched it numerous times and see something new every time I watch it. The film turns 75 this year and was filmed in a completely different time in history when there were men like Wells portrayed and actually are still around today. 

I still love star wars, the Die Hard series, Snow White and Bambi and TCM So I'm all over the place.  Always something for everyone.