Honored Contributor

Churchill"s Secret on Amazon

I just finished watching this and it was so good.

Really fascinating to feel like you were watching a part of history, though not a documentary. All the actors are wonderful. I'm glad I stumbled across it!

Made in 2016.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: Churchill"s Secret on Amazon

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

I just finished watching this and it was so good.

Really fascinating to feel like you were watching a part of history, though not a documentary. All the actors are wonderful. I'm glad I stumbled across it!

Made in 2016.

I too am a history buff and have lately become fascinated with  everything about WW2. The people who lived through that time were amazing and Churchill  was one of the greatest leaders  the world has know,  certainly just the man for that time.  Thank you OP for sharing; I'll be  looking for this.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your post.  History lover here.  I got my son to set me up to watch it.  It was excellent.   Have never used Amazon Prime to watch movies.  Also looked at the Walis Simpson one following. I gave up watching television years ago.

Valued Contributor

Thank you @on the bay  for letting us know about this movie. I just watched it on Amazon - it is a good movie. Michael Gambon's portrayal of Winston Churchill was brilliant. The whole cast did a great job. The actresses who portrayed his nurse and his wife were so good.

I like Amazon - you can always find something to watch because there is such a variety (from old tv shows, movies, British tv movies and British documentaries). A British movie I found last year that I really like is called "Under the Greenwood Tree." It's set in 19th century England.

Honored Contributor

I have seen documentaries and movies about Churchill at different stage of his life.  I too am interested in history and try to watch these shows when they pop up on TV or the movies.  Churchill was an extraordinary man in so many ways and he certainly has his place in history as one of the great leaders.

I have learned that history taught in school was touched upon whereas watching these history programs give you much more insight and detail as to historical figures, places and times.  I welcome and encourage them.

Honored Contributor

I thought about it, now I'll try it thanks.