Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chronical Mysteries w/Alison Sweeney

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

I watched for the first time last night and really enjoyed the episode...I love mysteries and this show peaked my interest. At times it was kinda quirky but I still enjoyed! Then on to one of my all time favorite shows "Murder She Wrote"

I ❤️ Murder She Wrote too, especially when they have marathons. 😊

This Chronicle Mystery series has some similar elements to MSW, but so far I don't think any of the characters could be a match for Jessica Fletcher.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I only watched it because of the freebie offer I got this weekend for that channel. The show looked like something I could enjoy watching...but I won't pay extra for it.

@SilleeMee  I understand your point about premium channels.  We ditched our satellite and cable subscriptions and now use an antenna and stream everything else.  FYI...the first episode of this series can be found on YouTube if anyone's interested.  Also, the Hallmark Mysteries channel can be streamed for free at ustv247 dot com.  I go to Hallmark's website to see the schedule then I tune in at ustv247 to stream it.

@wildcat fan 

Thank you for mentioning the streaming. I think streaming is great, except there's no way to record the shows. I think if I ever get rid of my satellite service, having the convenience of a dvr will for surely be missed.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@wildcat fan   when I got in last night and turned this on,  I had already missed ~ 15 minutes. It was quite a surprise when I found myself pulled into the story. I was never a fan of the Murder She Baked series so considered it no loss when it ended. Truthfully I'm not really a fan of Alison Sweeney's either so it'll be interesting to see if I continue to enjoy the series.

I haven't watched yet and am also not a fan of Ms. Sweeney.  I've watched her since she started on Days of Our Lives and have never really like her.  Probably because at that time she  was on a TV talk show and was acting a little self-absorbed and bratty.  It also doesn't help she is a brat on Days. 

I never watched Days of Our Lives, so I don't have that comparison, but so far I like her in this series.  I especially like her wardrobe.  Would love to have some of those sweaters. 😍

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

I watched for the first time last night and really enjoyed the episode...I love mysteries and this show peaked my interest. At times it was kinda quirky but I still enjoyed! Then on to one of my all time favorite shows "Murder She Wrote"

I ❤️ Murder She Wrote too, especially when they have marathons. 😊

This Chronicle Mystery series has some similar elements to MSW, but so far I don't think any of the characters could be a match for Jessica Fletcher.

@wildcat fan   I've just started watching the Murder She Wrote shows on Hallmark.  I don't usually watch the old shows as reruns like this but am really enjoying this one.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Loved it. I recorded it because of the commercials which are abundant on that channel. I'll be recording the series. Gotta hand it to Alison Sweeney, she's got guts not wearing any serious make-up. She looks like a kid and I think that's what she wants as per her other mystery movies. 

Honored Contributor

My DH seems fixated on Allison Sweeny, perhaps because she doesn't overdo the makeup. I told him I should find clips of her playing bratty Sami on Days Of Our Lives in order to get him to stop liking her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

@wildcat fan   when I got in last night and turned this on,  I had already missed ~ 15 minutes. It was quite a surprise when I found myself pulled into the story. I was never a fan of the Murder She Baked series so considered it no loss when it ended. Truthfully I'm not really a fan of Alison Sweeney's either so it'll be interesting to see if I continue to enjoy the series.

I guess the above was a fluke. I haven't been able to get through the second one.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Tique wrote:

I guess the above was a fluke. I haven't been able to get through the second one.

I could never get into the second one either.  I found the last one to be better than the second.

Honored Contributor

We were happy to be able to get this channel. We were soon disappointed. DH talks about the Hallmark hair style. The stories are all the same and the commercials go on and on.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed the three; seemed to be a little more realistic than tonight’s crossword movie will be (or, a librarian or a antique shop owner, etc)

Even though I’m sure it will happen eventually, I really really hope that she doesn’t get involved with her co-worker and stay with the fireman. It’s already heading in that direction, but I really wish these programs could show adults working together without the romantic entanglements! Since people brought up MSW, Jessica Fletcher didn’t have many romantic partners (I recall one; can’t recall if there were more)