Esteemed Contributor

Chronical Mysteries w/Alison Sweeney

On Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel

I'm intrigued after watching the first episode, Recovered, last night.  Looking forward to the next episode, The Wrong Man, tonight at 9:00 p.m. EST. 

I enjoyed her Murder, She Baked series too.  Anybody else watching?

Super Contributor

Re: Chronical Mysteries w/Alison Sweeney

I watched last week and thought it was very good. Will be watching again tonight!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan   when I got in last night and turned this on,  I had already missed ~ 15 minutes. It was quite a surprise when I found myself pulled into the story. I was never a fan of the Murder She Baked series so considered it no loss when it ended. Truthfully I'm not really a fan of Alison Sweeney's either so it'll be interesting to see if I continue to enjoy the series.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

I only watched it because of the freebie offer I got this weekend for that channel. The show looked like something I could enjoy watching...but I won't pay extra for it.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you kindly for your tip.

I don’t know if anyone here watched the movie, “Christmas on Honeysuckle Lane.”  It was filmed in Wethersfield, CT, a suburb of Hartford.  I live not that far away but until recently had not been there in years.

My DIL knew all about the filming last September, I believe.  My little GD takes dancing lessons there, down the street from one outdoor scene.  All the fake snow and such I guess was something to see.  The house featured is a restored Victorian in Wethersfield, now a B+B.  Really lovely place.  I googled B+Bs in Wethersfield, and it came up with a good amount of pictures from the inside and out.  I would love to stay there!

Of course, no matter how old some of our towns are (mine from the 1600s), not everything is quaint!  Ye olde Stop & Shop, Ye olde CVS, Ye olde gas stations, etc., etc.  You get the picture!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched for the first time last night and really enjoyed the episode...I love mysteries and this show peaked my interest. At times it was kinda quirky but I still enjoyed! Then on to one of my all time favorite shows "Murder She Wrote"

Honored Contributor

I'm not a big fan of Alison Sweeney but watched this a couple of weeks ago.  I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next one.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@wildcat fan   when I got in last night and turned this on,  I had already missed ~ 15 minutes. It was quite a surprise when I found myself pulled into the story. I was never a fan of the Murder She Baked series so considered it no loss when it ended. Truthfully I'm not really a fan of Alison Sweeney's either so it'll be interesting to see if I continue to enjoy the series.

I haven't watched yet and am also not a fan of Ms. Sweeney.  I've watched her since she started on Days of Our Lives and have never really like her.  Probably because at that time she  was on a TV talk show and was acting a little self-absorbed and bratty.  It also doesn't help she is a brat on Days. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Tique, the same here...not a fan of hers nor the Murder She Backed series so had very low expectations going in and pleasantly surprised.  Same with last Courtney Thorne-Smith movies.  I never got through her previous ones but enjoyed the last one.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I only watched it because of the freebie offer I got this weekend for that channel. The show looked like something I could enjoy watching...but I won't pay extra for it.

@SilleeMee  I understand your point about premium channels.  We ditched our satellite and cable subscriptions and now use an antenna and stream everything else.  FYI...the first episode of this series can be found on YouTube if anyone's interested.  Also, the Hallmark Mysteries channel can be streamed for free at ustv247 dot com.  I go to Hallmark's website to see the schedule then I tune in at ustv247 to stream it.