Honored Contributor

Re: Chronical Mysteries w/Alison Sweeney

@Alter Ego wrote:
I enjoyed the three; seemed to be a little more realistic than tonight’s crossword movie will be (or, a librarian or a antique shop owner, etc)

Even though I’m sure it will happen eventually, I really really hope that she doesn’t get involved with her co-worker and stay with the fireman. It’s already heading in that direction, but I really wish these programs could show adults working together without the romantic entanglements! Since people brought up MSW, Jessica Fletcher didn’t have many romantic partners (I recall one; can’t recall if there were more)

@Alter Ego  or anyone else who might know, who did Jessica Fletcher have a romantic involvement with?  I've been watching the old MSW's, and she hasn't seen anyone romantically.  Seth was just a friend.  I'm wondering who it was and if he was a regular on the show for any length of time.  I haven't been watching the reruns for very long but did watch the series when it aired originally.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Was it that jewle thief that came in from the cold? One of the Murder,She Wrote talks about a sort of romance w/some Scots guy. I will try and find my book about it.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Was it that jewle thief that came in from the cold? One of the Murder,She Wrote talks about a sort of romance w/some Scots guy. I will try and find my book about it.

Thanks @Group 5 minus 1 .  I haven't seen that episode.  I'd be interested in hearing more about it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack  As far as I know, the only thing I recall for a romance was literally the very first episode.  Seems like they sometimes play them in order, so that’s why I remember it.  

I don’t think there were any others, but I certainly can’t say will 100% certainty 

Spoiler
SPOILER.  

It did not end well.

Now that I think about it, because it WAS the first episode, maybe it was used for audience polling and people didn’t like the romance aspect??? Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Alter Ego .

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

For those who watched the last Chronicle Mystery did you notice the lady who played Vivian Macklin was Linda Dano?    When she first came on screen I thought how much she looks like Linda then I realized that who it was.     

I absolutely do not mean this comment in any derogatory way because I've always adored and admired Linda Dano but I noticed a slight droop around her mouth almost like she might have had a slight stroke at one time.   She sort of disappeared from the public eye after losing both her husband and mother along with her assistant and best friend Vivian all within just a short frame of time.  I know that loss caused her to go into a rather severe depression.  After seeing her on screen for the first in quite some time I also wondered if she hadn't had other health issues.  

On the Chronicle Mysteries, she still looked as beautiful and classy as she always did on QVC.   I never missed even one of her shows and purchased many of her items.  There wasn't one item that I was ever disappointed in.   I think I have something from her collection in each and every room even to this day.    That is indicative of the quality of her items.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice to see Linda Dano in the last episode.  I wasn't expecting her! 

If anyone is interested, I noticed all three movies are on YouTube.  That surprised me because of copyright.  I missed the last one and streamed it from YouTube on Sunday.  I think the first and third were better than the second one.  I'd be interested in watching more if they decide to expand the series.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember Linda Dano being on QVC one day and asking the audience to pray for her as she was having an eye lift-she emphasized, 'that's all-just an eye lift!' hahaha She was scared. But I was thinking maybe since then she's had more done-Botox can sometimes migrate to other places. It could be responsible for her droop. Just thinking...............what if a person had a stroke and their mouth drooped-would Botox correct that? Wouldn't that be wonderful? Except it's temporary. Going back to when Connie Stevens had her little machine on HSN. It was one of those hand held things that gives current to the face-you know what I mean. Anyway, she said it was invented to help patients with Bell's Palsy. Poor Linda, if she only knew how we were discussing her-always liked her. Very down to earth. I have one of her products still.