Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas in Connecticut

Watched this last night, it was so good!

Contributor

On 12/24/2014 tishkins said: Yes, one of my favorites for this time of year. I also enjoy looking at the fashions, decor. The movies of the 40 and 50 are my favorites. Have you ever seen Holiday Affair with Janet Leigh nd Robert Mitcham. It's another cute one. I could watch movies of this type all day. Merry Christmas. It's now about 6:30 am and I am stuffing mushrooms and artichokes.(had to take a little brake)

I also love Holiday Affair, as does my 10 yr. old son! Can't beat the classics. Quality movies truly are ageless & timeless.

Super Contributor

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this movie and so many of the old ones! "White Christmas" and "Holiday Inn" are also so very good!
Honored Contributor

I loved this one, too. And I kind of liked the remake with Dyan Cannon.

Hope nobody minds that I bump this up since Christmas in July is almost upon us.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

On 5/24/2015 Homegirl said:

I loved this one, too. And I kind of liked the remake with Dyan Cannon.

Hope nobody minds that I bump this up since Christmas in July is almost upon us.

I love both the 1945 version AND Dyan Cannon version, but if you watch both be prepared to see HUGE DIFFERENCES between the two versions. I've always thought that Dyan Cannon is a quirky, interesting actor.