Respected Contributor

Christmas Thursday on Hallmark

I love Christmas but I am not drawn to this. It’s ruining the topic - over exposure. What are they thinking?
Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Thursday on Hallmark

Stories are too formulaic.

Respected Contributor

I love Christmas and I love Christmas movies ..... at Christmas!

They're already showing a Christmas movie every Friday night on the main Hallmark channel. Now another Hallmark channel decides to show Christmas movies too. SMH!!

And as long as I'm on my soapbox, they're cranking out too many Christmas movies. Every year they make more movies than the year before. And they start playing them earlier every year too. Didn't last years movies start before Halloween? the movies last year were especially disappointing; there were only about 3 that I really liked.

Enough already!!

Honored Contributor

guess they wont' be showing many Lori Loughlin for a while  

Trusted Contributor

It used to be that those of us who are up late could catch sitcoms. Then they started with the Christmas movies, which used to be over by Valentine's Day. Now, they seem to be all movies all the time. I just assumed they were still Christmas movies, but it doesn't matter. I don't watch anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

guess they wont' be showing many Lori Loughlin for a while  

Yeah, that will be interesting to see what happens there.   And her portrayal of the mayor in Hope Valley being so honest and fair.  Oops....

Honored Contributor

i am fine with it.......i enjoy a christmas movie even if it is NOT christmas.

their christmas movies garner great ratings, so i have no doubt that this is why they are trying this out this year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I would and will watch a Christmas movie any time of the year!  I love the good story lines and how everyone is happy!!!  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

I don’t mind Christmas movies in about July, when it’s hot and humid and I’d like to think about snow.  But March?  That’s just a little too close to the Christmas we just had for me to be interested right now.

Respected Contributor

It depends on the movie, there are a few like “Nine Lives of Christmas “ that I could watch any time.