Honored Contributor

I ran across this article found it quite interesting. AMC also got the rights to Polar Express, Elf and National Lampoon Christmas Vacation. In addition to Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, Home Alone and Scrooged.

Here is a portion of the article.

"Starting the Monday after Thanksgiving (November 26) and running through Christmas Day, AMC will program over 600 hours of holiday movie and TV chestnuts, replacing its usual assortment of edgy series and adult-oriented movies with holiday content all day and night. Beyond the three big films it’s grabbed away from Freeform, the network has also made a deal with Warner Bros. for 12 of the 18 holiday specials produced by the legendary Rankin/Bass production company (The Year Without a Santa Claus, Jack Frost, Rudolph’s Shiny New Year) and signed with DreamWorks for a smattering of more modern specials (Merry Madagascar, Donkey’s Caroling Christmas-tacular). Best Christmas Ever will also include throwback holiday faves from the 1940s (Miracle on 34th Street) through the ’80s (Gremlins) and ’90s (Jingle All the Way), as well as some non-holiday family films (the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Planes, Trains & Automobiles). There’s even a 2017 Mariah Carey direct-to-DVD concert special making its TV debut. All in all, AMC has lined up 35 films and 18 specials for the inaugural Best Christmas Ever, a level of content that Halleen says “has been years in the making.”

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas AMC programming

here is hoping they show White Christmas at a good time, not 11 PM

Honored Contributor

Tuesday, Nov 27
1:15AM
White Christmas

12:00PM
White Christmas

Saturday, Dec 08
2:45AM
White Christmas

11:30AM
Respected Contributor

Thanks, @drizzellla. I have 3 set to watch on Tues. Christmas in Conn., White Christmas and Miracle on 34th St., starting at 9:30 a.m. (E.T). I'm a major fan of Christmas movies. I didn;t realize they'll be showing all the others.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

Thanks, @drizzellla. I have 3 set to watch on Tues. Christmas in Conn., White Christmas and Miracle on 34th St., starting at 9:30 a.m. (E.T). I'm a major fan of Christmas movies. I didn;t realize they'll be showing all the others.

If you care to read the entire article it is in Vulture.com titled 

"AMC Nabs Christmas Classics As the War for Holiday TV Audiences Heats Up"

Honored Contributor

My DVR is set to record Elf 7:00 on AMC and Miracle On 34th Street ( the black and white original version) 11:00 also on AMC tomorrow night.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:
Tuesday, Nov 27
1:15AM
White Christmas

12:00PM
White Christmas

Saturday, Dec 08
2:45AM
White Christmas

11:30AM

i guess they think the audience is half dead for this one 

or tucked up in bed by 3?

Trusted Contributor

I read the times for White Christmas and was kind of bummed that only one time wasn't in the middle of the night .

Respected Contributor

One of my favorites:

"THE BISHOP'S WIFE" 

Cary Grant, David Niven, Loretta Young

SATURDAY DECEMBER, 1 2018 AT 09:45 PM
MONDAY DECEMBER, 24 2018 AT 08:00 PM

Related image
Honored Contributor

"White Christmas" is showing on AMC right now.