Honored Contributor

Re: Chrisley Knows Best fraud trial

@Effie54 wrote:

It's like The Duggar and Gosling families. Drama.

@Effie54    AND the Willis family  who had a reality TV show and the Father ended up with a life sentence for raping his own daughters...

Willis Clan Update: Jessica Willis Details Sexual Abuse by Father Toby (intouchweekly.com)

Honored Contributor

@justashopper  Right now as I watch the news day after day and see all the problems we expect the federal government to try to solve,  We don't start by asking how much the solution will cost -  we just want a solution.  

I'm not in love with paying taxes, but I also know that without adequate funds I can't buy what I need to solve my own problems.  Neither can any of our governments.  Do they all spend all our money as carefully as we would like?  Probably not, but I could say the same thing about myself and many, many people I know personally.

What would be your solution to living without taxes?  I don't have any I like.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

What would be your solution to living without taxes?  I don't have any I like.

Without taxes, the country would be divided even more between the have and the have nots. Those with all the marbles would be able to get any service they want while the have nots would get nothing. The wealthy already control the world, but it would be even more pronounced. What I would envision in a complete plutocracy would be the wealthy imposing taxes on the peasants (the rest of the population). I think with no taxes people would be shocked at what they have taken for granted that is now absent.

Honored Contributor

I really love the show but I can see Todd doing everything he's been accused of.  But I hope he beats it so the show continues.    

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I really love the show but I can see Todd doing everything he's been accused of.  But I hope he beats it so the show continues.    

@chrystaltree me too! 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, this should be interesting.

I've watched their show since it began and, for the most part, enjoy it.   I just cannot stomach Faye.   I know - I have mother issues - but she is just awful.

Respected Contributor

And now they're doing commercials for NutriSystem.  I've seen two different ones on TV in the last couple of weeks.

Respected Contributor

@KatieB "And now they're doing commercials for NutriSystem.  I've seen two different ones on TV in the last couple of weeks."

I guess has been reality stars tend to make NutriSystem commercials.  Brittney who was on the reality show "Vanderpump Rules" has also made NutriSystem commercials.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @millieshops 

Sorry I don't follow your question. 

"death and taxes" its a pretty common saying, meaning we all pay tax, we all die.  Facts of life. It in no way implies I think there shouldn't be any taxes.

Respected Contributor

Faye is my favorite character on the show.