Esteemed Contributor

Chris Hardwicke's former girlfriend accuses him of abuse

[ Edited ]

Here we go, another abuse accusation.  It appears that Chris Hardwicke of AMC's Talking Dead show was in a relationship with a  girlfriend for about five years who has now come out accusing him of abuse.  He is currently married and expecting a baby.  Chris said he was blindsided by the accusation and admits the relationship was not a good one, many fights, but no abuse.  As of now he has been removed from the TV shows while the allegations are being reviewed. 

I always enjoy his shows and hope it gets cleared up quickly.  I will not pass judgment since I do not personally know Chris and was surprised with the news.  It is now a wait and see situation.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: Chris Hardwicke's former girlfriend accuses him of abuse

What happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty?

How can you take away someone's life & job because someone says that they did something? 

Things seem to be happening really fast with these things.

I agree that what Roseanne Barr actually said was awful & deserved to be addressed.

But, they immediately cancel a show & take way jobs from a lot of innocent people.

This woman says that Chris Hardwicke abused her & they jump right into taking away his job?

Trusted Contributor

She didn’t even name him in the article.  It was just assumed that it was him based on how she described him and the fact that they dated.  Still, he is going to lose everything.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

How can you take away someone's life & job because someone says that they did something? 

This woman says that Chris Hardwicke abused her & they jump right into taking away his job?

According to the article, he did not lose his job.

"As of now he has been removed from the TV shows while the allegations are being reviewed."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

This abuse mantra has taken on the aura of a witch hunt... 

The gross over-reactions, across the board, to allegations is a denial of due process. If abusers are proven to be abusers then seek a legal solution. 'Hollywood' (or whatever entity) deciding for themselves what constitutes the appropriate punishment is a violation, no less frightening then some of the things that have been alleged...

And in this case, unless there's proof positive he shouldn't be removed from anything... Even if proven true, it has nothing whatsoever to do with his current job and if the woman wanted to pursue the matter, she should do so via the proper channels... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Both shows are in hiatus, so let's hope that this is resolved before they begin again, and he will still be on Talking Dead.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And to date, not one "male" in the entertainment industry has come forward publicly to say he was sexually abused by a female.

#MeTo 100% females?confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

Both shows are in hiatus, so let's hope that this is resolved before they begin again, and he will still be on Talking Dead.

"Talking with Chris Hardwick" was to return Sunday night for its second season with Donald Glover as the guest...it will not be on as of now

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dusty1 wrote:

Things seem to be happening really fast with these things.

I agree that what Roseanne Barr actually said was awful & deserved to be addressed.

But, they immediately cancel a show & take way jobs from a lot of innocent people.

I worked for a movie studio for fifteen years and dealt with many male employees.  I was never, thank God, abused in any way shape or form and yet it would be very easy for me to make an accusation which could destroy a person's reputation.   I agree with your statements about a lot of innocent people having their jobs taken away and what happened to innocent until proven guilty.  It is way too easy for someone to make an accusation, anyone can do it.  Before a person's reputation and/or job is destroyed the accusation somehow, someway needs to quietly be investigated and proven valid.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BettyNewbie wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

"Talking with Chris Hardwick" was to return Sunday night for its second season with Donald Glover as the guest...it will not be on as of now

@BettyNewbie  I have never watched that and forgot about it, but I do watch both Talking Dead shows.  I hope the accusation isn't true.