Esteemed Contributor

Re: Choosing the next JEOPARDY host

So far of the ones I have watched, I think they did a respectable job. The only one I didn't care for was Katy Couric, though there are others I have missed. I don't really see what the big deal is. As the host, you create pleasantries, read the question clearly, and move on. Alex may have been a beloved figure to some, but I don't see how his handling of the show is much different than any of the guest hosts. It isn't brain surgery, though it helps to have a wide background of awareness in history, etc.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope Buzzy gets the gig but, in the end, I think it will be Ken.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Whomever is chosen to be the permanent host will be lauded by some, and receive brickbats from others.  It is the nature of the internet critics.  

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 

The host matters because he sets the tone of the show.

Jeopardy is more than the sum of the parts and that is the host's responsibility. Alex did it well, while some of the guest hosts missed by a mile.

The contestants come and go, some adding to it and are remembered and discussed by those for whom Jeopardy is more than just a game show.

Honored Contributor

Number one is the voice.  Alex had a unique  voice and it is very important.  I actually liked that quarterback for the Greenbay Packers (can't remember his name) but he had a great voice and he did an excellent job.  He is hardly going to leave football for Jeopardy but then again he might.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

For us (and this is our opinion) I wish they would get on w/it and chose a permanent host.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked Ken Jennings best.  

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Number one is the voice.  Alex had a unique  voice and it is very important.  I actually liked that quarterback for the Greenbay Packers (can't remember his name) but he had a great voice and he did an excellent job.  He is hardly going to leave football for Jeopardy but then again he might.

He does not need to leave football to do Jeopardy. He has made it clear that he would do both.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give Savannah just a 6.  She is just okay, IMO.   

I bet this has been a verrry interesting process for the producers of the show ... 

Respected Contributor

Aaron Rodgers...hands-down my choice!!!