Honored Contributor

He's nuts. Makes me laugh. They are on a new venture-wish they'd have stuck to their old Fixer Uppers show.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I don't know them at all except for commercials.

Does anyone else ever think she looks a lot like Meghan Markle?

No

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

For some reason I don't care for them or the Property Bros.

Respected Contributor

I much prefer Bryan & Sarah Baeumler (Renovation Inc & Renovation Island) on HGTV, but if they were shown on overload like the Gaines & Property Bros, I'd probably change my mind!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chip and Joanna Gaines

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I much prefer Bryan & Sarah Baeumler (Renovation Inc & Renovation Island) on HGTV, but if they were shown on overload like the Gaines & Property Bros, I'd probably change my mind!

@aubnwa01 

I'm a fan of their show too. She knows what she wants and he knows she does too and isn't going to settle so he goes along even though he might not often want to. In the end her ideas were usually winners. They're a good match and seem happily married.  

Trusted Contributor

I think Chip looks great with his hair shaved off....didn't like the dirty, stringy look...or the beard. Great he donated so much money to St, Jude's.

Valued Contributor

I can't watch Renovation Island.  They give me a headache from all of their arguing.  Sometimes I feel like they don't even like each other any more. I stopped watching.

Honored Contributor

That's awesome he raised that much money for getting it cut off.  $1.5M?

She should consider how much she'd raise if she cut her hair off.

My daughter in law and granddaughter have both donated hair to Locks of Love.  And I think another place.  And my daughter in law has had long strands of highlighted pieces and they still accepted it.  

Valued Contributor

Although he's a major goofball, I really like Chip...

No disrespect meant, but Joanna seems a little "fake" to me.

I do like her sense of style, but sometimes she goes overboard with the accessories - I lean more towards the minimalist side of decorating.

Their kids are adorable. Heart

Trusted Contributor

If you grew up in Texas, you would just think of them as normal,  kind hearted people. Chip is a bit of a nut, but, JoAnna knows how to reign him in.

As such a young couple, they have done very well for themselves and the Waco community. The area near downtown Waco and Baylor University has really been revitalized due to their Magnolia Market. It's a fun place to go and see. It started out as two old grain silos that Chip and JoAnna purchased. There are little shops, food trucks, a big grassy area for kids to play, an old church that was restored and turned into a bakery, a coffee house (their own brand of coffee), a wildflower center and they just keep adding more to it. Something to see if you are ever in the Waco, Tx. area.

Everything they decide to do turns into a goldmine!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.