Honored Contributor

Re: Childhood Movie You Still Love

[ Edited ]

Song of Bernadette. I watched that one over and over again as a child fascinated with the idea of seeing a "vision".

Also,  I probably watched  the 1968 version of a Romeo and Juliet 50 times....my girlfriend and I would play our guitars and sing the songs in the film...and we would act out the scenes word for word!  We were OBSESSED. We adored Olivia Hussy and Leonard Whiting ...they were so beautiful in this movie!

Respected Contributor

@RedTop That is the sweetest story and like you said a good barometer of how she is doing.

Honored Contributor

The Wizard of Oz, of course.  (It's why I always wear red shoes.)

The Parent Trap (Maureen O'Hara was gorgeous, wasn't she?)

The Trouble with Angels (Rosalind Russell was fabulous.)

The Bad Seed (This is why I never had children.)

The Lion in Winter  (It was released in late October 1968 so I must have already turned nine.  It remains my favorite film of all time.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

A lot of the ones mentioned...

also Rogers & Hamerstein's  "Cinderella" with Leslie Ann Warren

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hayley Mills in Parent Trap!  Took a few friends to see it at the movies for my birthday party.  Like the sequel too, but the original was my favorite.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

The Lion in Winter  (It was released in late October 1968 so I must have already turned nine.  It remains my favorite film of all time.)

@just bee   Maybe the bad seed movie is why I am Child FREE as well😄

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee   Maybe the bad seed movie is why I am Child FREE as well😄

@SeaMaiden 

That, and Lord of the Flies, Village of the Da_ned and Children of the Da_ned.

image.png

Scarred for life.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

The original Lady and the Tramp animated film. My mother loved all of the old musicals as I grew up so I saw all of them and loved them too. She always bought the record albums and played them often. I could sing the whole scores from Kiss Me Kate, Showboat and Doris Day's Calamity Jane. We had a really old and well used phonograph. On some records we had to tape a dime on the arm to get it to play smoothly. And for SOME we had to even use a penny. Good memories. Simpler times.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wizard Of Oz

The Wizard of Oz DVD Release Date

Cinderella

Disney Cinderella: The Story of the Movie in Comics by Régis Maine ...

Jason & The Argonauts (for its time, the special effects were pretty amazing)....

That Darn Cat (the original with Hayley Mills)....

Amazon.com: That Darn Cat!: Hayley Mills, Dean Jones, Dorothy ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, I think that was the first movie I saw in the theatre. I loved it so much my wonderful mother took me to every showing in the Maryland - DC area for weeks. (I think my mother loved the movie, too! ) No VCR/DVD/DVR's in those days.

Cinderella, too.

Going My Way with Bing Crosby and Barry Fitzgerald. Went to a few schools as a military kid. When I was in a parochial school we'd have an assembly every Christmas to see this. No class and "Would You Like to be a Fish...." great day. My grandmother always sang "Trur a lur a lura" so that was a plus, too.

Wizard of Oz.....another favorite of my mother's too. Her name was Dorothy....

In Jr. High, Ben Hur and West Side Story. My friends and I went to each of those again and again.....no VCR's etc. yet......