Trusted Contributor

Chicago PD Episode 6 of Season 5 on 11/1/17 Question

Something unusual happened here in Chicago on Dish Network on NBC Network yesterday.  I started to watch my DVR of this episode and everything looked very familiar to me.

After some investigation of On Demand episodes, I discovered I was viewing a repeat of Episode 1 of this season.

There was a description on my DVR of this Episode 6 that, of course, did not match what I was viewing.  The title for Episode 6 was "Fallen" and I was actually watching Episode 1 "Reform."

Just wondering if anyone else had this experience.  Never saw this happen before.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chicago PD Episode 6 of Season 5 on 11/1/17 Question

NBC ran all reruns last night, a last minute decision due to the excitement of the final game of the World Series. SVU was also a rerun. New shows next Wed.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much.  It was so odd.  My Dish Network Guide was not updated for that change.  Also, I checked to see if episode 6 was going to be aired next week instead, but so far my guide shows episode 7.  Just have to wait and see what happens.  Hope they do not skip an episode because sometimes there are personal things happening between officers that occur in an episode.

Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

Show didn't record, but I have my Tivo set to only record new episodes. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They will not be skipping any episodes, next week they will air what was supposed to be shown last night. My Comcast guide for last night was also not updated to show it was reruns. Must have been a very last minute decision.

Esteemed Contributor

,I thought I was going senile last night between PD AND SVU.  This explains it. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Yeah no new PD here in the Cleveland area.  My DVR picked it up and taped it because the guide did say it was new.  But as soon as I tuned in, I knew it was the first episode of the season. 

I figured it was because of the World Series.