Trusted Contributor

Re: Chicago PD 5/2/18 - Spoilers

Al is the best part of this show. Would hate to see him go.

I cannot imagine Voight confessing to anything. Isn't the cop who is trying to take him down as corrupt as he is?

I wonder if they will leaving us hanging until next season on how it will conclude?

Respected Contributor

Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, Chicago Med are real favorites and easy to get hung up with all of these great characters, Voight being my favored in PD and several of the Fire characters. Chicago PD is an excellent, tough, gut level police show which I favor.  A great precursor to this was Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue of which both in their day were rough, controversial and ground breaking.  Hulu is running NYPD Blue to honor Bochco; well worth watching. Hill Street Blues was also Bochco and also running on Hulu. During NYPD Blue's run I never watched it since no time to watch much TV. Found it several years ago when Amazon was doing reruns....it was and still is a great police show!.  I hope the Chicago Trilogy has a long run, love it!

Respected Contributor

Who stabbed him - the nice guard?

Respected Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Who stabbed him - the nice guard?

@culebra

No, it was another inmate.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

The previews show Hank saying to Denny Woods "hypothetically if I confess".... I'm sure when he's saying that he's going to get a phone call saying Al was stabbed and is on his way to the hospital. 

Wasn't Denny Woods Hank's former partner? He sure has it out for Hank. If they were partners, he must have seen some of the shady things Hank does. 

I can't imagine Hank going to prison or Al dying. 

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, Chicago Med are real favorites and easy to get hung up with all of these great characters, Voight being my favored in PD and several of the Fire characters. Chicago PD is an excellent, tough, gut level police show which I favor.  A great precursor to this was Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue of which both in their day were rough, controversial and ground breaking.  Hulu is running NYPD Blue to honor Bochco; well worth watching. Hill Street Blues was also Bochco and also running on Hulu. During NYPD Blue's run I never watched it since no time to watch much TV. Found it several years ago when Amazon was doing reruns....it was and still is a great police show!.  I hope the Chicago Trilogy has a long run, love it!

@ScarletDove

I agree 100%.  Excellent TV that is never boring and always realistic.  Great characters, great acting.  Jason Beghe (Hank) is my favorite.  Not a perfect character, also not perfect in real life.

I loved NYPD Blue also, as well as HBO's The Wire when I fell in love with Idris Elba!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@ScarletDove

I agree 100%.  Excellent TV that is never boring and always realistic.  Great characters, great acting.  Jason Beghe (Hank) is my favorite.  Not a perfect character, also not perfect in real life.

I loved NYPD Blue also, as well as HBO's The Wire when I fell in love with Idris Elba!

@LilacTree  Oh yes, and here is one of the absolute best....Baltimore's "Homicide: Life On The Street."  How could I forgot this one....Munch, Lewis, Howard, Felton, Pembleton, how could I forget these characters, have the whole series on DVD. This one was also rough, controversial and ground breaking in content. This one helped expose and launch careers of many actors. Belzer moved on to SVU; John Seda in Chicago PD, Melissa Leo is a great actor as well as Andre Braugher.....

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree Wow!  The shows you mentioned are also some of my favorites.  I also adore Idris Elba.

When I was in rehab a year ago this May I started again back at the beginning of "The Wire" and watched all of the episodes....again.

I wish Idris Elba would make more TV shows!  He's always wonderful to watch.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@LilacTree Wow!  The shows you mentioned are also some of my favorites.  I also adore Idris Elba.

When I was in rehab a year ago this May I started again back at the beginning of "The Wire" and watched all of the episodes....again.

I wish Idris Elba would make more TV shows!  He's always wonderful to watch.

@Annabellethecat66

See?  This is why you're one of my favorite people!!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I don't think Hank is going to leave the show.  I wonder if Al is.  I also don't see Denny Woods getting killed by Hank.  I think he knows that's not going to help anything and Hank isn't just a cold-blooded murderer out on a rampage of taking people down like that.  

I wonder if Hank can come up with something against Denny to blackmail him.  Denny kept pushing thinking Hank would finally confess but keep Al out of prison and that's not what happened.