Honored Contributor

I didn't realize that they had written Dr. Hammer off the show. I just read on Yahoo that she was written out....Wow! It was an article on people who suddenly left a series or were just written out, and she was listed....Interesting-wonder why?

Honored Contributor

Yes, it seems they wrote her out snd brought back Dr Asher, the OB/GYN druggie. 

Honored Contributor

I kind of figured she was gone because didn't she move back to try and worth things out with her husband?  He said he could get her a job? But it was a little odd because she was just gone.  No goodbyes from anybody, etc.    

Honored Contributor

I don't like Hammer or Asher.

Frequent Contributor

Dr. Asher/Jesse Schram has been in quite a few movies on the Hallmark Channel and the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel. She actually sang in some of those movies.

It seems she made the transition from the Hallmark Channel to go to Chicago Med and Torrey DeVitto (Dr. Natalie Manning) is no longer on Chicago Med and now makes movies for the Hallmark Crown Media franchise!

Colin Donnell (Dr. Connor Rhodes) has also been in some Hallmark movies, along with his wife who played Dr. Nina Shore (Patti Murin) on Chicago Med.

I'm not really a fan of the Dr. Asher character, and although Dr. Manning was a bit out there before her exit from the show, I liked her character better. I also miss the Dr. Rhodes character.

For a bit more crossover trivia, Dr. Robyn Charles (Mekia Cox) played the daughter of Dr. Charles on Chicago Med, and now plays Det. Nyla Harper on The Rookie.

Tim Bradford (Eric Winter) is now a Sergeant on the Rookie, and he was also in a few movies for the Hallmark Crown Media franchise.

Honored Contributor

I didn't care for Dr Hammer

Supposedly wasn't her internship over?

Frequent Contributor

@software wrote:

I didn't care for Dr Hammer

Supposedly wasn't her internship over?

She wasn't an intern, she was a resident.

According to her story line, she left to go back and try to make things work with her husband.

I believe her exit coincided with her real-life pregnancy.

The showrunner stated she is a character that has the potential to return.

Honored Contributor

Who?   I don't know why, but I just cannot keep the characters' names straight on this show .... which one is Dr Hammer?  

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Who?   I don't know why, but I just cannot keep the characters' names straight on this show .... which one is Dr Hammer?  

same here, but i think she is the one with the homeless, schizophrenic mom.

Honored Contributor

Returns tonite May 11.