Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I wouldn't put it past Natalie monkeying with the equipment so that the lady would choose surgery over dying to save her baby that wasn't going to live anyways assuming she had the technical know-how to do it.  She has really pushed the line in the past; she just comes off differently than the quirky new intern so it's easier to stomach. 

@Icegoddess  It was the intern that did that, not Natalie.  The intern just lied about the baby not breathing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I wouldn't put it past Natalie monkeying with the equipment so that the lady would choose surgery over dying to save her baby that wasn't going to live anyways assuming she had the technical know-how to do it.  She has really pushed the line in the past; she just comes off differently than the quirky new intern so it's easier to stomach. 

@Icegoddess  It was the intern that did that, not Natalie.  The intern just lied about the baby not breathing.

@NickNack, it was the equipment that indicated the baby was not breathing, and the equipment is what Natalie was going by.  I didn't say Natalie messed with the equipment; I just said I wouldn't put it past her.  The intern never admitted to doing it, so there is no proof one way or another.  We never saw her messing with it.  We are just led to believe that she did it because she made such a point of bringing that scenario up to the patient, and after the patient said she would choose life if the baby died, the baby "poof" died.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chicago Med

[ Edited ]

@santorini wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

As much as I enjoy the show, I may have to give up on it.  I'm afraid it's going to become the soapbox of the week trying to force social issues on us.  This week it was immigration.  It's not just this show.  I have been giving up shows forever due to this issue, all the way back to Quincy and the District.  I don't want to be preached to from my entertainment. Well, there's always the Murder Channel and Nat Geo.

I agree completely.  Sick to death of it.  Makes me want to turn off and never watch again.

I didn't care for the immigration 'lesson' either, it ticked me off.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   I agree about bringing in stories about issues that are going on today. What are they supposed to write about? Things that happened 30 or 40 years ago. Just because it's the theme of the show, I don't feel it's preaching either.

@Tique

What I find rather surprising are the posters who feel  threatened by a differing point of view.  What's up with that? 

We were always taught to examine both sides of an issue so we could make informed decisions.   I just don't see what's wrong with that.   You'll either walk away with new information and a new opinion, or confident that your opinion is right for you.   Either way, it's a win-win.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   I agree about bringing in stories about issues that are going on today. What are they supposed to write about? Things that happened 30 or 40 years ago. Just because it's the theme of the show, I don't feel it's preaching either.

@Tique

What I find rather surprising are the posters who feel  threatened by a differing point of view.  What's up with that? 

We were always taught to examine both sides of an issue so we could make informed decisions.   I just don't see what's wrong with that.   You'll either walk away with new information and a new opinion, or confident that your opinion is right for you.   Either way, it's a win-win.

No, it's not a win-win in each situation.  We all know what's going on.  There are some people who do not pay attention to issues.  They don't watch the news or read articles about what is going on in the world.  They get their "news" from late-night comedy shows and other nonsensical places like tv drama shows.  They may know nothing about the real situation, but they watch a goofy drama show clearly written by people of a certain persuasion, and they end up thinking they know everything about the situation and, because the tv drama was overly dramatic, they start believing that what was presented to them on said tv drama is true and is the way they should feel.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chicago Med

[ Edited ]

Nobody is 'threatened', just don't care for the agenda that I don't agree with rear it's ugly head during what's supposed to be entertainment.  Secondly I don't look to this silly show for information on national topics.  Might be time to bounce if this is what's in store for the season.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Tique

Both sides of an issue?  I only saw one.  And it wasn't just a side of an issue, it was more like pounding me over the head with it.  As I said earlier, there were other ways of dealing with it without it feeling so much like the agenda it so obviously was.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Both sides of an issue?  I only saw one.  And it wasn't just a side of an issue, it was more like pounding me over the head with it.  As I said earlier, there were other ways of dealing with it without it feeling so much like the agenda it so obviously was.

Agreed, I was hoping Natalie would be arrested for her meltdown........no such luck, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Tique

Threatened? What are you talking about?.  No one is threatened by a differing POV.  Or are you projecting?  How do you know it's even a differing POV?  

I don't need an agenda, whether I agree with it or not, shoved down my throat while I'm watching a tv show. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@NickNack, it was the equipment that indicated the baby was not breathing, and the equipment is what Natalie was going by.  I didn't say Natalie messed with the equipment; I just said I wouldn't put it past her.  The intern never admitted to doing it, so there is no proof one way or another.  We never saw her messing with it.  We are just led to believe that she did it because she made such a point of bringing that scenario up to the patient, and after the patient said she would choose life if the baby died, the baby "poof" died.

It was implied the intern messed with the equipment.  Prior to that happening, she had the conversation with Dr. Charles in the cafeteria about what she was "inventing" and then she kept asking the mother questions about when she would make the decision to have the surgery, that even Natalie thought were over the top.

Dr. Charles knew immediately what she did which is why he said he was going to be watching her very carefully and that he was personally going over all her charts with her.