Honored Contributor

That psychiatrist guy seems to be losing it, or maybe he's turning really dark.  His comment about psychopaths being really good at adapting to their surrounding made me think maybe HE is or is becoming one.  He seemed to be actually deriving joy from the man's predicament, plus the fact that it appears he would've let the man die if his daughter hadn't walked in.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Chicago Med

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

That psychiatrist guy seems to be losing it, or maybe he's turning really dark.  His comment about psychopaths being really good at adapting to their surrounding made me think maybe HE is or is becoming one.  He seemed to be actually deriving joy from the man's predicament, plus the fact that it appears he would've let the man die if his daughter hadn't walked in.

Chicago Med is a bit soap operish and the likelihood of any psychiatrist talking to or about a patient like that is pretty slim.  However, tv takes poetic license and has to create drama for viewers.  My guess is he knows something we don't.  Out of the three Chicago shows, my favorite is PD, followed by Fire and then Med.  PD is gritty and probably closer to the way cops really behave.  Fire is too much with romances and I often wonder if the chief ever actually works or does he just sit behind that desk making faces at anyone and everyone who passes his way.  LOL.  

Super Contributor

Chicago PD was very good last night.  This season should be great.  On Fire, I never liked Gabby, so if she's not going to be on anymore, that's ok with me.  On Med, I'm not too fond of any of the actors' portrayals on the show, but I do like the psychiatrist.  Hope he doesn't turn out to be bad.

Honored Contributor

He was going to let Reese's father die because he knew he was a murderer and I think he was afraid he was going to suck Reese into a relationship again which would only hurt her.  Now the whole thing backfired on him and Reese left so he lost her anyhow. 

Honored Contributor

I only watch Chicago Med.  And I understand it's a drama and takes license.  I'm just speaking to the way the writers are taking the character.  In the beginning they were portraying him as a flawed character.  But, now it looks like they are taking him in a different and more dark direction.

Honored Contributor

I will miss seeing Dr Reese, we lost her after last night like we lost Jared on Good Doctor on Monday night. I did not like how Dr Bekker tricked Dr Rhodes into staying on, but so glad he is!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle, do we know that Dr. Reese is gone for good?  Also glad Dr. Bekker is staying on, but I also hope they don't pair him up with Dr Rhodes, especially after what she did to keep him there.  I'm wondering, did she sleep with Dr. Bekker's father to get him to make the donation?

I haven't seen The Good Doctor yet.  It's on my DVR.  Hubby likes Bull which is on at the same tme.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shelbelle, do we know that Dr. Reese is gone for good?  Also glad Dr. Bekker is staying on, but I also hope they don't pair him up with Dr Rhodes, especially after what she did to keep him there.  I'm wondering, did she sleep with Dr. Bekker's father to get him to make the donation?

I haven't seen The Good Doctor yet.  It's on my DVR.  Hubby likes Bull which is on at the same tme.

@Icegoddess, Reese is gone for now but not necessarily for good. The producers have said if there is a storyline opportunity, she may be brought back.

I think you are mixing up Dr. Becker and Dr. Rhodes in some of your post above.  Dr. Rhodes is the one who was leaving and Dr. Becker was staying.  Dr. Becker met with Dr. Rhodes' father to try and get funding so it would have been Dr. Rhodes' father she possibly slept with.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

He was going to let Reese's father die because he knew he was a murderer and I think he was afraid he was going to suck Reese into a relationship again which would only hurt her.  Now the whole thing backfired on him and Reese left so he lost her anyhow

Just watched this episode. I don't see Reese leaving as a huge loss. I thought of her as some thought of Gabby on Fire. Someone who was disposable.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

He was going to let Reese's father die because he knew he was a murderer and I think he was afraid he was going to suck Reese into a relationship again which would only hurt her.  Now the whole thing backfired on him and Reese left so he lost her anyhow

Just watched this episode. I don't see Reese leaving as a huge loss. I thought of her as some thought of Gabby on Fire. Someone who was disposable.

@Tique  Agree.  She had absolutely no personality, hardly ever smiled, and honestly I found her character immature and not ready for primetime medicine.  lol

The whole show is a nightime General Hospital anyway, filled with romantic angst and not much substance.

I do like S. Epatha and Oliver but the rest is like watching a school play.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh