Respected Contributor

I have always enjoyed watching this show but what the heck happened this season?!  It is awful.  I kind of miss Natalie, loved April, do not like the new head of the ER (what happened to the other guy - forgot his name, but I miss him), the new dr. who is an ex-cop is a little over the top for me and the show seems focused on him and not so much on Crocket anymore - and I really like Crockett.  I don't know, it is just kind of boring now.  Anyone else think this?  Oh, and the new woman dr. is kind of bland.  I think this is it for me for this show.

Honored Contributor

I have to disagree, I think it is now as good as ever. Dr Choi returns in a few weeks. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have to say that I'm enjoying it.  (We're not supposed to like the new head of ER.)  I think the idea of a former cop who has become a doctor is an interesting twist, and like the backstory on the new woman doctor - the homeless mother that she tries to watch over.  So I'm satisfied with these story lines.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

And the medical cases are always interesting. 

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags I think the doc whose mom is homeless is Stevie Hammer, if I recall. I actually am kind of liking her.

I binge watched the first 5 seasons on Netflix last month so it was fun seeing the new episodes.

I sometimes got tired of Natalie moaning 'Oh it's my fault, I should have done something" when there was nothing she could have done. I notice that the writers did this more often to the female than the male characters. 

Honored Contributor

I think its very good, and I am enjoying the newer cast. I don;t think we are supposed to like the new Chief. Dr. Choi is coming back shortly, and I like the cop turned doctor-he is an interesting character-yes intense, but very likeable.. The new woman doctor is also to me very likeable with an interesting backstory.. I have to say I am enjoying this new season very much..I don't miss Natalie, but I do miss April-she played such a sweet, caring character..

Honored Contributor

It's the only medical show I still watch unless Nurses comes back or Transplant. I like Sharon and the psychiatrist. Natalie was OK but I like the new blonde doctor with the homeless mom. She seems very good in the role...

Trusted Contributor

I can't watch anymore...some of the things are so fake.  would never happen in a real hospital.  I know they have to add for TV drama.  One of the paramedics stated the BP was 90/100.  I don't think so.  Just to many little things that add up.  And the characters...I didn't like Dr. Choi...Natalie...happy they are gone.

Honored Contributor

I would love to see Transplant come back, I had read that a season 2 did air in Canada, nbc here would have to buy the rights to it. Nurses, was not nearly as good as Transplant. 

Trusted Contributor

I, too, miss April, but am watching the actress (Yaya DaCosta) star in the new series "Our Kind of People" which takes place in Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard.

I enjoy the Dr. Hammer and the cop turned physician ~ nice additions to the series : )