Honored Contributor

Re: Chicago Med - Possible Spoilers Included

Parts of last night's show were heartbreaking. The story with Dr. Stevie Hammer showed the other side of homelessness which is that some who are homeless have family/friends who care about them and would be willing to help but their loved one refuses help. I had so much empathy for Dr. Stevie's character especially after hearing a little  of her story including her childhood as she confided in Dr. Charles. He probably wouldn't have approved of her last action to get her mother to go home with her but I probably would have done the same thing.

As much as I hate to admit it Halstead seems to be really trying to be a better person. He reverted to what I would expect from him when he asked Dr. Charles if he saw the drama with Dr. Stevie's mom but was quickly shut down by the older doctor's reply. That seemed to make him re-think his instinctual desire to talk about her and instead reach out to his colleague and offer his help.

The evolving relationship between Maggie and Dr. Vanessa Taylor took a positive turn last night. Hope they can eventually find a balance that works for both but I doubt it.

Looks like our MIA Dr. Choi returns next week. Will be interesting to see if this will be temporary or permanent.

This season Med is really "bringing it". Currently it's the show I look forward to seeing the most each week.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I agree, @Tique .  Of the three Chicago shows Med is the one I am liking best this season.

I had a friend whose brother was homeless.  The family did everything to try to help him.  He wanted to be homeless and not work.  His thought was why would he want to go to work when he could live like this and not have any responsibilities.

I must say I have really enjoyed not having Choi around.  If he stays we will see if this remains my favorite of the Chicago shows.  Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

Parts of last night's show were heartbreaking. The story with Dr. Stevie Hammer showed the other side of homelessness which is that some who are homeless have family/friends who care about them and would be willing to help but their loved one refuses help. I had so much empathy for Dr. Stevie's character especially after hearing a little  of her story including her childhood as she confided in Dr. Charles. He probably wouldn't have approved of her last action to get her mother to go home with her but I probably would have done the same thing.

As much as I hate to admit it Halstead seems to be really trying to be a better person. He reverted to what I would expect from him when he asked Dr. Charles if he saw the drama with Dr. Stevie's mom but was quickly shut down by the older doctor's reply. That seemed to make him re-think his instinctual desire to talk about her and instead reach out to his colleague and offer his help.

The evolving relationship between Maggie and Dr. Vanessa Taylor took a positive turn last night. Hope they can eventually find a balance that works for both but I doubt it.

Looks like our MIA Dr. Choi returns next week. Will be interesting to see if this will be temporary or permanent.

This season Med is really "bringing it". Currently it's the show I look forward to seeing the most each week.

@Tique I agree with everything you just wrote! It is one of my absolute favorites, my mom's too! We both were just saying yesterday how good this show is.....Love it! Edited to say how much I love Dr. Charles, he is so good in this role!!!

Honored Contributor

I have to agree, Dr Choi could have stayed away, but will be intersting to see how he and Dean Archer get along now.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I agree, @Tique .  Of the three Chicago shows Med is the one I am liking best this season.

I had a friend whose brother was homeless.  The family did everything to try to help him.  He wanted to be homeless and not work.  His thought was why would he want to go to work when he could live like this and not have any responsibilities.

I must say I have really enjoyed not having Choi around.  If he stays we will see if this remains my favorite of the Chicago shows.  Woman Indifferent

@Wsmom  looks like you'll be able to resume enjoying not having Choi around. 🙃

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Tique , I would give you ten thumbs up for that response if I could!  Also, I thought for sure Maggie would substitute her urine for her kid's.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Tique , I would give you ten thumbs up for that response if I could!  Also, I thought for sure Maggie would substitute her urine for her kid's.

This is what I thought would happen as well.  

Trusted Contributor

Also I don't think that Vanessa will stop taking the Adderal. Big drama coming....

Why Did Dr. Choi show up at all?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also thought for sure Maggie made a urine switch. 

Brian Tee who plays Dr Choi is also working on another show which was posted here a few weeks ago, so he is just dividing his time with both. My guess he will return in a few months after the holidays. The Chi shows are now off until Dec 8. 

Respected Contributor

Did I miss something?  The last show I saw Veronica knew that Maggie is actually her birth mother.  When did she tell her?  I never miss an episode and all of a sudden she is angry that Maggie has told a couple of people.