Re: Chicago Med Last Night - 9/25/19

@Tique wrote:

Halstead  = Pot. Natalie = Kettle.

Both...the worst. 

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Halstead  = Pot. Natalie = Kettle.

I have to agree.  Both of them think they know better than the patient (or parents) and use any excuse to "save" the patient because obviously they are right.  I happened to agree with Dr. Marcel on this case with the Jehovah's Witness.  I don't agree with him all the time, but he does seem to care more about the patient's psyche than either Dr. Halstead and Natalie.  

I was glad that Natale blew Dr. Halstead off after also blowing off her fiance, but I also didn't think she was punished enough for how she acted in the ED.  

Honored Contributor

I cannot believe a doctor would act like Natalie did and not at least be suspended, most probably fired.  

And after all the grief Halstead has given her, he goes and does the same thing with his Jehovah's Witness patient.  

He and Nat make a perfect pair because they are so narrow-minded they cannot see anyone elses' point of view other than their own.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was shocked to see that Nat was still on the case, I would have thought that at least she would have been removed from treating the boy any further. 

The JW patient admitted to the docs that he was waning away from his religion, and they had proof of that. 

Trusted Contributor

The characters of Manning and Halstead ruin this show. The show has always been my least favorite of the Chicago shows because of these two. They always come out on top, never any consequences. Maybe the show will marry them off and send them away.

I am starting to like Dr. Marcel. I hope there will be more of him on each episode. Along with Dr. Charles. Not crazy about Dr. Charles wife.

I read this morning that on Chicago Fire Dawson is returning for one episode. The article called her a fan favorite??? I was happy when she left.    

Honored Contributor

I read that also about Dawson.  I didn't care for her at all and was happy when she left.  

They have pretty much dropped the Casey/Britt crush that was going on at the end of last season.  

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I was shocked to see that Nat was still on the case, I would have thought that at least she would have been removed from treating the boy any further. 

The JW patient admitted to the docs that he was waning away from his religion, and they had proof of that. 

@Shelbelle I was surprised they did not take her off the case either.  Certainly the parents didn't want her on the case.  If the hospital is not going to let them take their child elsewhere, they should at the least put another doctor on the case.

While the JW patient had moved away from his religion, as young people often do, he had not changed his information naming his parents as the decision makers for his care.  Of course, who really thinks of doing that?  Plus, moving away from a religion doesn't always mean that all of the deeply held beliefs fall by the wayside. It's not Dr. H's job to delve into the psyche of the patient to figure out what he might've wanted.

Honored Contributor

I was surprised they didn't take Natalie off the case, too.  If this had been in real life, the parents would have insisted another doctor take over.

As far as the JW, I thought he would have surely taken the "No Blood" card out of his wallet if that's how he felt.  They should have gone by that card as well as what the parents said.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

the show the other night was ridiculous. No consequences for acting against parents' orders? When did Dr. Halstead become a detective for his patients? He's so self righteous about being a healer that he puts everyone else in jeopardy. Don't like him or Natalie, who is a terrible actor to boot.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I, like some of you, know several people who have breast cancer.  

My daughter's mother in law was just diagnosed with it.

My complaint (for want of a better word) about this terrible disease is, in my opinion, that the powers that be (medical people) don't put it out there on TV and in print enough that people STILL die from this.

Because they've done a good job in treating it and way less people do die, there are still a surprising number of people who DO die from it.

I understand that it's a catch 22 in that they want people to get tested and have people understand there is a lot of hope if it's found early enough.

I STILL think because so much emphasis is placed on how many women survive it, (again....my opinion) I don't think as many people donate to find a cure because they don't realize so many people STILL die from it.

Am I making sense?  I don't know.  Sometimes what I want to say (in person and through my mouth) doesn't always come through here.

My mother-in-law and her two daughters all three died from breast cancer.

My 3 daughters have been tested to make sure they don't have the BRCA gene and thank GOD none of them have it.

My late husband's family all have died from every kind of cancer imaginable!  It's crazy.

While in my family, no cancer at all way down the line.  Only mental illness.  Interesting, huh?

Three of my dearest, closest friends died from breast cancer, two in 2011, one in march the other in December and I miss all three terribly.  It, along with all cancers, is a horrible, hateful disease.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam