Respected Contributor

Re: Chicago Fire last night

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

The first show was a disappointment, hope it gets better as the season goes on. I love Chicago PD, but that first show was a disappointment too, not crazy about Ann Heche either.

@blackhole99  Thanks for confirming it was Ann Heche, I thought it was her but missed the casting credits and could not find anything online stating she was a new cast member this season. 

@blackhole99  According to tvline dot come she will have a recurring role this season.  I don't particularly like her.

@NickNackThanks for that info. Also not a fan of Ann Heche and do not like the character she plays, so it should be interesting!

Honored Contributor

Some unexpected things happened last night. The best one was Firehouse 51 is finally out of the ill command of Gorsch. He was so out of his league at that hotel where the chemicals had leaked through the vents.

So sad when Benny finally decided to step up, he's no longer around to have some kind of reconciliation with Severide.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Some unexpected things happened last night. The best one was Firehouse 51 is finally out of the ill command of Gorsch. He was so out of his league at that hotel where the chemicals had leaked through the vents.

So sad when Benny finally decided to step up, he's no longer around to have some kind of reconciliation with Severide.

@Tique  I was so ready for Gorsch to be gone.  When Benny died I was afraid they were going to continue the Gorsch thing.  I was almost ready to give up on the show because of all the tension.

I'm sad that Benny died.  I definitely wasn't expecting that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great show last night, I didn't expect Benny's death either. I like the actor who plays Kelly, he's really conflicted, also very sexy if you can tolerate that strong, silent type. I wish they would give him a love interest who isn't connected to the fire house.

Honored Contributor

RIP Benny Severide!

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Great show last night, I didn't expect Benny's death either. I like the actor who plays Kelly, he's really conflicted, also very sexy if you can tolerate that strong, silent type. I wish they would give him a love interest who isn't connected to the fire house.

He's had a few!  LOL

I never cared for he and Stella together. Didn't like it the first time they were a couple on the show and don't like it now.

Honored Contributor

Watched this show on Wednesday night and sat there thinking "Oh yeah, that's why I never liked Benny". Right up to the funeral it was looking bleak and the church was almost empty except for Kelly's friends. When they stepped out carrying the casket, the fire engines/other emergency vehicles drove up with the purple and black bunting and all the personnel descended that was the beginning of the best scene of the show for me. When they extend the ladders and there is a final salute, final ring of the bell, and final call - that makes me tear up. There is something truly beautiful in the pageantry with which firemen honor one of their deceased.

Boden had to step in and shame ask his colleagues to do this for Kelly. It was also Boden's way of honoring and thanking Benny for intervening and getting order restored to his firehouse.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

Watched this show on Wednesday night and sat there thinking "Oh yeah, that's why I never liked Benny". Right up to the funeral it was looking bleak and the church was almost empty except for Kelly's friends. When they stepped out carrying the casket, the fire engines/other emergency vehicles drove up with the purple and black bunting and all the personnel descended that was the beginning of the best scene of the show for me. When they extend the ladders and there is a final salute, final ring of the bell, and final call - that makes me tear up. There is something truly beautiful in the pageantry with which firemen honor one of their deceased.

Boden had to step in and shame ask his colleagues to do this for Kelly. It was also Boden's way of honoring and thanking Benny for intervening and getting order restored to his firehouse.

@Tique  Yes, the final salute to Benny also brought tears here; it was very touching and beautiful to watch.  The honorable tribute to an outstanding fallen firefighter is wonderful. The integrity of the Station 51 family is outstanding; Boden is the strength of that firehouse and it filters down through his people. Chicago Fire has been a favorite of mine since it was introduced and continues with Chicago PD to be my two favorites of the Chicago trilogy....  

Honored Contributor

I didn't know Treat Williams was previously a part of this show ....  just started watching last season.

Frankly, I don't like Kelly and Stella together ... IMO, they have no chemistry whatsoever!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I didn't know Treat Williams was previously a part of this show ....  just started watching last season.

Frankly, I don't like Kelly and Stella together ... IMO, they have no chemistry whatsoever!

I agree about the lack of chemistry between the two.  Don't know why or how they decided to put the two of them together but you never know...that can change.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam