Honored Contributor

I wasn't at all surprised about what happened when Chief Boden turned over that book.  As soon as he handed it to that guy and the guy said he'd give it to the mayor for review, I told my DH that I bet the mayor and Grisom were buddies.

While I'm over firehouse 51 always being investigated for something or other, everytime anything controversial has happened, they've been able to come out on the winning end, really quickly. Everything is always fixed and tied up to their advantage.  So to that end, I'm kind of glad they weren't able to get out of this jam so easily.  But what a little weasle that guy is that's in the firehouse.

@I am still oxox, there are big rumors that Monica is pregnant.  She definitely looked heavier to me.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

Hi and just read this on TV Guide . com

Change is coming to Chicago Fire.

For a group that's seen their share of losses in colleagues and friends, it seems a new generation is getting ushered into Firehouse 51 with a baby on the way, a new chief and a new candidate. But before anyone can celebrate — or Gabby (Monica Raymund) will even share her news — the team will have to find Matt (Jesse Spencer), who has gone missing and has a dead body in his apartment. Severide (Taylor Kinney), meanwhile, will be resistant to new leadership, especially when his own authority is called into question. Will he retire his hose altogether? Executive producer Matt Olmstead teases what's ahead in Season 4.

Is Gabby's pregnancy a way to bring her and Casey together or drive them apart? 
Matt Olmstead: Ultimately, it's a way to bring them together. Initially, there are a few hurdles to cross including the immediate concern that he's missing and there's a dead dancer in his apartment. Gabby realizes maybe this isn't the best time to let him know; so she has to hold onto this secret until he can get his feet on the ground, and when she tells him it's a big deal for them.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Chicago Fire last night

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox, that is a few years old. That already happened. Gabby lost that baby.  Chicago Fire is in Season 7 right now.   

The actress who plays Gabby is definitely off the show.  They intervewied castmates about her leaving. She is going to be in a show on Starz Network.

Esteemed Contributor

Two seasons ago, Chicago Fire was all about Gabby and Matt adopting the little boy. Last year, it was about dissatisfaction in the relationship and Gabby helping out the teen. It should have been called the Gabby & Matt show. Too much soap opera drama and not enough about fires.....hello "Chicago Fire". I hope they go back to its original roots. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree it was way too much.  as I said in a previous note I am happy Gabby is off the show.....Too many Gabby shows.  It was becoming the Gabby show.

Honored Contributor

Question ..... there was this short pest who was suddenly spending time at the firehouse.  He was sent there by either the new commissioner or the mayor .... do you know who I'm referring to?

Well, I kept wondering where I've seen him before ... could he possibly be the former son of Tony Soprano, finally grown up?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Question ..... there was this short pest who was suddenly spending time at the firehouse.  He was sent there by either the new commissioner or the mayor .... do you know who I'm referring to?

Well, I kept wondering where I've seen him before ... could he possibly be the former son of Tony Soprano, finally grown up?

@Tinkrbl44  His name is Steven Boyer.  This is what I found out when I looked him up.  I agree that he looks a little like Tony Soprano's son.

Boyer currently stars on NBC’s crime mockumentary “Trial & Error.” He has also appeared on shows like “Orange Is the New Black,” “The Blacklist,” “The Good Wife,” and “Law & Order.” He is repped by the Stone Manners Salners Agency and Bleecker Street Entertainment.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Agree - Gabby and drama got old. Would like to see good things happen for Boden - lighten up a bit. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

The first show was a disappointment, hope it gets better as the season goes on. I love Chicago PD, but that first show was a disappointment too, not crazy about Ann Heche either.

@blackhole99  Thanks for confirming it was Ann Heche, I thought it was her but missed the casting credits and could not find anything online stating she was a new cast member this season. 

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

The first show was a disappointment, hope it gets better as the season goes on. I love Chicago PD, but that first show was a disappointment too, not crazy about Ann Heche either.

@blackhole99  Thanks for confirming it was Ann Heche, I thought it was her but missed the casting credits and could not find anything online stating she was a new cast member this season. 

@blackhole99  According to tvline dot come she will have a recurring role this season.  I don't particularly like her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau