Honored Contributor

Chevy Chase, Christmas Vacation

I hadn't watched that in years. (Some part sickened me, think it had to do with the dog), but we watched yesterday and I guess I missed what sickened me before. We had a few good laughs. Mostly at the start I think.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chevy Chase, Christmas Vacation

Staple at our house. DH watches it several times beginning at Thanksgiving. LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Love this movie!

Honored Contributor

I know there was a dog 'situation' in the original 'Vacation' movie but I don't remember one in the christmas version. There was a cat, though.

Both movies are ridiculously hilarious! Whenever I come across one of them I have to watch again.

Honored Contributor

CB, I'll bet that was it, it was the soggy sandwich the aunt bit into. Grossed me out. Thanks, I'd have been confused. As long as the dog didn't have a sloppy mouth.

Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 qualitygal said:

CB, I'll bet that was it, it was the soggy sandwich the aunt bit into. Grossed me out. Thanks, I'd have been confused. As long as the dog didn't have a sloppy mouth.

Yup! All that was in the first Vacation movie.

Laughing thinking about the scene where they notice the sandwiches are wet. Meanwhile he's flirting with Christie Brinkley, hears his wife say 'oh no, the dog peed on the sandwiches' (or something like that), and he spits it out.

Valued Contributor

Just watched it yesterday. Love it!Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

The dog's name is Snots. He has a phlegm problem. It is pretty nasty but the movie is so funny and we all know someone who is a dead ringer for any of the characters! I especially love the white sweater and black dickey that Eddie wears. Also we had an Aunt Bethany. Lol!
Esteemed Contributor

I watched Christmas with the Kranks, something like that, last night with Tim Allen , it was so funny. They were going to skip Christmas because their daughter joined the Peace Corps and would not be home. They were going on a Caribbean vacation. The neighbors put all this pressure on them.
Super Contributor

Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Kranks are both hilarious!