Respected Contributor

Chesapeake Shores - Returing

Back on Sun. 8/25 - looking forward to it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chesapeake Shores - Returing

It will be a short season. Seems to me there are only six episodes. I've been reading the book series of Chesapeake Shores which is quite different than the show.

Honored Contributor

Last season Abby was pregnant in real life so they hid her behind big purses and kitchen counters. I read that she announced in July that she'll be having a second child.

So far, I'm not thrilled with this season of CS.

Honored Contributor

So far it has been disappointing, pretty lackluster.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watch because I enjoy the geographical area of the Bay (I know it's filmed in Canada). I like Treat Williams's work. Wish they had better writers and the blonde sisters were less ditzy - the family was less commitment phobic. C'mon writers - this could be a good show. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed the show the first season or two but lately the stories have been very boring.  I also enjoy the beautiful area where they do the filming and majority of the actors.  

Get some better writers...please!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the theme song, "Home"...that's about it....it's a Daughtry song.

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

I watch because I enjoy the geographical area of the Bay (I know it's filmed in Canada). I like Treat Williams's work. Wish they had better writers and the blonde sisters were less ditzy - the family was less commitment phobic. C'mon writers - this could be a good show. 

That sums up why I watch.

I had a feeling Abby was pregnant again because of all the loose tops and head shots.

Mercifully, they have backed way off on the Abby/Trace story and they barely get any air time.

Hallmark sends out a survey right after the last episode of the season ends asking for viewer thoughts on the various couples.

They finally read my survey!  LOL

Now if they would just lose all the singing.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35  yes, ditch the singing.