Honored Contributor

Re: Chelsea Flower Show live streaming on britbox

I had the same  trouble with HBO. You have to access it from prime ..@gardenman

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I'm using my Fire TV, but it's still not showing up on my Britbox app there. The CSR for Britbox said it could take an hour or an hour and a half to show up. We're closing in on the hour and a half mark. It's really annoying not to be able to watch a live program while it's live when people using other devices can see it live.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Still can't see it. A half hour long chat with Amazon resulted in them saying they aren't streaming it live and don't know when or even if it will be available for viewing later. They are however suggesting the higher ups review the situation. Well, that solves absolutely nothing. Ugh! I may have to buy a Roku and subscribe to Britbox through that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman  I have roku, I like it very much.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@gardenman  I have roku, I like it very much.

It's now been sixteen plus hours since the show aired and it's still not showing up on my Fire TV. My chat with Amazon went largely no where. They couldn't tell me when, or even if it would ever air. I popped off an email to them this morning and we'll see if that motivates them to do anything. (Probably not, but who knows?) Britbox says Amazon needs to process their shows before they show up on the Fire TV apps. Oddly enough no one else does.

I may add a second subscription directly through Britbox to see if I can view it through the Fire TV web browser. If I can then I can cancel the other subscription. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops like this though to see a program others can watch by just clicking on it. Amazon's on the verge of losing me as a device buyer. If they expect me to pay the same price for a subscription on their devices as everyone else, then they should be providing the same level of programming. Enough of my rant. I will find a way to watch it today. I'm not giving up.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Aha! We're making progress! The RHS Chelsea Flower Show image with Mary Berry is now on Amazon's Britbox. Sadly when you click on it all you get is a dark grey screen with the words "RHS Chelsea Flower Show" and nothing else, but maybe, just maybe, that means they'll be live streaming it today? I'll have to wait to see. I've chatted with Amazon and Britbox about it and even dropped an email to Jeff Bezos' reported Amazon email, not that any of that would do any good, but maybe someone somewhere is listening? I'll find out this afternoon. Wish me luck.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And sadly, that's where the progress has stopped. It's now 3:09 and all I get is that lovely grey screen with the words RHS Chelsea Flower Show displayed on it. No video, no live stream, just the grey screen with those words on it. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman  It is the same for me. I am wondering if they are having technical problems?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@gardenman  It is the same for me. I am wondering if they are having technical problems?

I suspect they're just trying to drive us all crazy. They're good at it. Today was a step forward in that I actually had something to click on. It went nowhere, but I had something to click on.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I was able to watch it later. Were you? @gardenman