Honored Contributor

Chaz On The Radio - Sept 16, 2019

So this afternoon during a ride home and while listening to Radio Andy, I heard the host introduce Chaz Dean.

Radio Andy is a series of shows produced by Andy Cohen (famous for the Real House Wives  of (EVERYPLACE) Ha!

They introduced Chaz.  First thing someone says, "I'm a QVC junkie".  They knew ahead of time that Chaz is on QVC. 

I think he was on to talk briefly about his new studio opening up in New York City.  He talked about how beautiful it would be and it was supposed to open sometime next year.  He said (paraphrasing), "They keep telling me it will be ready; but you'd never know it if you saw all of the work they have to do yet".

He was sweet and kind as he is on TV.  He mentioned "his angels" a few times.  Then he explained to some of the guys there, his angels were his dogs.  Chaz loves his dogs.

I was familiar with some of the other guests there; but someone talked about how much he loved Wen and how the last time Chaz was one he'd told the guy, "You'll never shampoo your hair again".  The guy said something to affect that Chaz was right and he hasn't.

They discussed how some of the bald guys could use Chaz' products to shave their bald heads, beards and whatever else they wanted to shave.

You see some of these guys on the radio are drag queens.  He knew some of them and was offering up some tips using Wen.

So, one of the guests mentioned Lisa Robertson and how much they loved her.  He said QVC would never be the same since Lisa Robertson left.  

They all talked about how much she WAS QVC for them.  Chaz said he used to laugh and tell people (paraphrasing), "Lisa could sell ice to Eskimos', Something to that affect.  They all agreed.

One guest asked Chaz if he thought she'd (Lisa) would ever come back to QVC.  Chaz said he very much doubted it because he understands she has her own business going on and is doing well with it.

It could have just been MY interpretation (I was driving home) but I got the impression he has had much contact with her anytime recently.

I have tried using Wen over and over but it just doesn't work for my hair.  I've supplied so many friends with Wen because I end up giving the stuff away.

I do enjoy watching Chaz and his presentations.  He did mention the shirt he was wearing (they were teasing him).  Evidently it is some kind of 'see-through'.  

They asked him if he has ever worn it on QVC.  I think I remember him saying he has worn it once or twice.  He said (mentioned name, don't remember) told him he'd sell more Wen if he wore that shirt all of the time.  It was funny and cute the way he said it.

Then he was gone.  The entire segment was probably only about 15 minutes long.

I enjoy all types of TV and radio shows.  This particular segment and some of Radio Andy are often Gay oriented.  What I mean is they talk some about things that especially (but not totally) Gays would be interested in.

THAT was not why Chaz was there.  He was there to promote his salon opening up soon.  He did discuss several other topics.

Let me end this by saying I always enjoy listening to Chaz.  He has such a calming, sweet aura.

I used to see him on Jeff Lewis' TV show.  Jeff Lewis is a designer.  He works closely with Chaz in designing and decorating his salons.  

I'm used to a different Chaz when in business mode.  He's a good businessman.  He is personable but he obviously knows what his vision is for his salons and is really good at relaying it to others.

I get the feeling people who work for and with him WANT to do good because he makes them feel good.

Oh!  I almost forgot.  If you want to listen to Radio Andy he's on XM (Satellite Station) 109 on East Coast.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Chaz On The Radio - Sept 16, 2019

@Annabellethecat66   OMG, I heard the show today on my lunch hour!  I listen to Andy Cohen Live (Station) all the time here in New York, also Jeff Lewis' show.  I too have heard Chaz on with Jeff Lewis - VERY funny stuff !!

I couldn't agree with you more about Chaz.  I have had the same experience(s) with WEN.  I really, REALLY tried to make it work for me -- it just didn't.  I love him though and wish much continued success for him.  

It was rather interesting to hear him (and the caller) speak of Lisa Robertson and the Q.  I was a big fan of Lisa's and couldn't agree with him more.  I'm equally glad to hear she is doing well also.   

This post was just so funny to see... thank you. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

So this afternoon during a ride home and while listening to Radio Andy, I heard the host introduce Chaz Dean.

Radio Andy is a series of shows produced by Andy Cohen (famous for the Real House Wives  of (EVERYPLACE) Ha!

They introduced Chaz.  First thing someone says, "I'm a QVC junkie".  They knew ahead of time that Chaz is on QVC. 

I think he was on to talk briefly about his new studio opening up in New York City.  He talked about how beautiful it would be and it was supposed to open sometime next year.  He said (paraphrasing), "They keep telling me it will be ready; but you'd never know it if you saw all of the work they have to do yet".

He was sweet and kind as he is on TV.  He mentioned "his angels" a few times.  Then he explained to some of the guys there, his angels were his dogs.  Chaz loves his dogs.

I was familiar with some of the other guests there; but someone talked about how much he loved Wen and how the last time Chaz was one he'd told the guy, "You'll never shampoo your hair again".  The guy said something to affect that Chaz was right and he hasn't.

They discussed how some of the bald guys could use Chaz' products to shave their bald heads, beards and whatever else they wanted to shave.

You see some of these guys on the radio are drag queens.  He knew some of them and was offering up some tips using Wen.

So, one of the guests mentioned Lisa Robertson and how much they loved her.  He said QVC would never be the same since Lisa Robertson left.  

They all talked about how much she WAS QVC for them.  Chaz said he used to laugh and tell people (paraphrasing), "Lisa could sell ice to Eskimos', Something to that affect.  They all agreed.

One guest asked Chaz if he thought she'd (Lisa) would ever come back to QVC.  Chaz said he very much doubted it because he understands she has her own business going on and is doing well with it.

It could have just been MY interpretation (I was driving home) but I got the impression he has had much contact with her anytime recently.

I have tried using Wen over and over but it just doesn't work for my hair.  I've supplied so many friends with Wen because I end up giving the stuff away.

I do enjoy watching Chaz and his presentations.  He did mention the shirt he was wearing (they were teasing him).  Evidently it is some kind of 'see-through'.  

They asked him if he has ever worn it on QVC.  I think I remember him saying he has worn it once or twice.  He said (mentioned name, don't remember) told him he'd sell more Wen if he wore that shirt all of the time.  It was funny and cute the way he said it.

Then he was gone.  The entire segment was probably only about 15 minutes long.

I enjoy all types of TV and radio shows.  This particular segment and some of Radio Andy are often Gay oriented.  What I mean is they talk some about things that especially (but not totally) Gays would be interested in.

THAT was not why Chaz was there.  He was there to promote his salon opening up soon.  He did discuss several other topics.

Let me end this by saying I always enjoy listening to Chaz.  He has such a calming, sweet aura.

I used to see him on Jeff Lewis' TV show.  Jeff Lewis is a designer.  He works closely with Chaz in designing and decorating his salons.  

I'm used to a different Chaz when in business mode.  He's a good businessman.  He is personable but he obviously knows what his vision is for his salons and is really good at relaying it to others.

I get the feeling people who work for and with him WANT to do good because he makes them feel good.

Oh!  I almost forgot.  If you want to listen to Radio Andy he's on XM (Satellite Station) 109 on East Coast.

I saw him on Jeff lewis’s show, and he was tough.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Yes, he is in a totally different mode when he talks about the designs, etc of his businesses.  He’s still nice, just like “I know what I want”....

It was interesting hearing the other people on the show talk about “ the old days” in New York, I thought was fun and fascinating.

Hearing the one guy talk about these clubs and how many of them were known for the vast amounts of drugs used back then ( yet he never saw any of it) reminded of how my grandchildren ask about being a teenager in the 60’s.

I always honestly tell them ( similar , but on a much smaller scale), I tell them I used to go to some very large parties with a bunch of very rich kids, and never saw anyone taking drugs.  But boy did the alcohol ( beer) flow. 

It it sounds like some of you are like me in that I enjoy listening to a wide variety of stations on the radio.

Honored Contributor

Wow...LOL   You get the prize for longest post....ever...LOL   It's obvious that you are Chaz fan and LR fan.      

Trusted Contributor

Nice post.  You just reminded me of how much I miss

Jeff Lewis and gang in "Flipping Out"! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 - nice post as always from you. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree Actually you are totally wrong.   I don't use Wen, I posted it doesn't work for me.  As far as Lisa Robertson goes, I thought she was lovely, did her job well, enjoyed watching her but I'm not a fan of either person.

There are very few people I'm a 'fan' of.  If I told you who I was a fan of you'd say, "What?  Who?  I don't know them!"

Of course you wouldn't know them.  They are the important people in MY llife.  People like my 3 daughters, my late husband and my friends.

There is no lone in public life that I'd call someone I'm a fan of.

I was actually just telling about the interaction between Chaz and the interviewer on the radio.  It was a radio program I was talking about.

Also, one or two other people also heard the same radio program.

As far as my post being long, well, I always tend to post long one's.

There are a lot of people here who probably avoid (or skip) my posts because they're usually long.  Some might skip here and there over them.

Perhaps you are a fan of Chaz and Lisa R.  But maybe you just like them.  

I would venture to say there are probably others who enjoy watching some of Chaz' shows (just as I do).  Everytime I've seen or heard him, either on QVC or other places, he's always intelligent, kind and often gives me (what I call) 'food for thought'.  

I'd explain what I mean but this post is already getting long...............................................