Honored Contributor

Re: Chasing Life With Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN

I have loved Dr Sanjay for many years, he reminds me of my kids pediatrician. 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@butterfly123 

Did you buy the amaranth? I did and I am enjoying it very much.Smiley Happy

@SilleeMee 

Yes. Have you tried popping your amaranth like popcorn?

@butterfly123 ,

No but I want to. I'll have to look and see how to do that. 

Regular Contributor

The last episode was on Norway -- the "happiest place on Earth."  I have to say they did indeed seem content with their lives.  Their "happiness" circled around altruism, physical activity particularly outside, and finding challenges in life that made each day worth living.  And a dose of cod liver oil during the "dark time"!  Seemed like a good place to live.  I was interested in the comment by that woman who survived being frozen "dead" for several hours.  When asked if she was 100% physically what she was before the accident, she responded that she was not 100% of what she was, but she was 100% of what she needed to be right now.  Interesting perspective.

Regular Contributor

The last episode was on Italy -- the "healthiest place on Earth."  Hmm -- well that title seems to be in jeopardy given that the obesity rate among children there is rising at an alarming rate in large part due to the influx of processed food.  Seems that the lessons for a long, healthy and meaningful life are a diet based on food locally grown and made (as little processing as possible), moving around such as by walking, staying involved in your community, and of course "familia."  All good lessions!