Regular Contributor

Re: Chasing Life With Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN

I watched both Ep1 re Japan and Ep2 re India and very much enjoyed both shows.  It is interesting to see what challenges to health and quality of life those societies face, and the ways they are trying to overcome them.  Mostly, the shows focus not on modern techniques to overcome health and well-being problems, but Dr. Gupta instead showcases older traditions and methods used in those countries to combat modern problems.  Really interesting and I look forward to watching the rest of the series.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just bought some amaranth grain after watching that Bolivian episode...Smiley Very Happy  Can't wait to try it. I do love quinoa.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just bought some amaranth grain after watching that Bolivian episode...Smiley Very Happy  Can't wait to try it. I do love quinoa.

@SilleeMee 

I will purchase amaranth also. The Bolivian doctor had a fascinating perspective. 

I wish there were more than six episodes.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch it, but I think he is such a caring and intelligent man. And hot😁

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think it's fantastic that he is showing us that traditional western medicine is not the only thing that helps us stay healthy. The world has so much more to offer.

@SilleeMee 

I believe that western medicine is actally the worst for us, not nearly the best.  Especially our food.  We also consume more meds than the rest of the world combined, yet we are sicker!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I believe CNN tries very hard to provide educational programs that are not strictly political.  It’s the only cable news channel that does that.

And I have always appreciated that they suspend commercials during important breaking news.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Did anyone watch the last episode featuring Norway?

I wish this series was two hours long instead of one.

The outdoor kindergarten class, paid leave for both parents   for up to twelve months, the woman who was trapped under ice and survived. 

Honored Contributor

I've watched all of them so far. The Norwegian woman's story was unbelievable! Norway's healthcare system would never work over here. There's just too many variables for it to apply here. People in Norway seem to respect and want to help each other. Over here we try to sue people when they try to help.The thing about Norway's equal income amongst their people...how could that ever apply over here??

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 

Did you buy the amaranth? I did and I am enjoying it very much.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@butterfly123 

Did you buy the amaranth? I did and I am enjoying it very much.Smiley Happy

@SilleeMee 

Yes. Have you tried popping your amaranth like popcorn?