Honored Contributor

Chasing Life With Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN

New CNN Original Series, “Chasing Life with Dr. Sanjay Gupta,” Premieres Saturday, April 13

NEW YORKMarch 18, 2019 –  Multiple award-winning journalist and practicing neurosurgeon, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, goes on an immersive journey around the globe in search of the secrets to living better in the new CNN Original Series, Chasing Life with Dr. Sanjay Gupta, debuting Saturday, April 13, at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The six-part docuseries takes Gupta to Japan, India, Bolivia, Norway, Italy and Turkey to explore the unusual traditions and modern practices that constitute a healthy and meaningful life.

“There are places around the world where people are living happier, healthier and longer than we ever thought possible,” said Gupta. “I found their secrets, proved they worked and now get to bring them to the viewers of CNN.”

The Chasing Life schedule is as follows (dates are subject to change):

• Japan (April 13, 9pm) – Sanjay Gupta goes to Japan to see how inhabitants of Tokyo deal with work induced stress, and to learn why people in Okinawa, the “Land of the Immortals,” live such long lives.

• India (April 13, 10pm) – Sanjay Gupta travels to India to find the connection between the reemergence of traditional Indian health techniques, Ayurveda and Yoga and his Western medical training.

• Bolivia (April 20, 9pm) – Dr. Sanjay Gupta explores Bolivia to learn new perspectives and to seek answers about heart health, a topic that has directly affected him and his family.

• Norway (May 4, 9pm) – Dr. Sanjay Gupta explores the dark, desolate and chilly regions of Northern Norway to find out how Norwegians have unlocked the secret to happiness.

• Italy (May 11, 9pm) – Dr. Sanjay Gupta explores how a powerful tradition of food, family, and faith contribute to the surprising health of a country otherwise known for its vices.

• Turkey (May 18, 9pm) – Dr. Sanjay Gupta travels to Turkey, a cultural crossroads where science and mysticism coexist, to find alternative ways of managing health and fighting disease.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chasing Life With Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN

For anyone who is interested, CNN is repeating the two shows that aired last night. Available to stream also. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a lot of respect for Dr. Gupta. He’s a renowned brain surgeon as well as a medical/ lifestyle reporter for CNN.He has a lot of class & a lot of heart.

Respected Contributor

I have always had a lot of respect for him ....

Respected Contributor

I was watching the show on India today .... when he went to the town

that did yoga .. it really hit home .... I have been able to lower my

A1C ... I don't know how other than I have rejoined yoga class ...

Myabe that was it .....because I had not been watching my diet ....

Hmmmm....

Honored Contributor

I think it's fantastic that he is showing us that traditional western medicine is not the only thing that helps us stay healthy. The world has so much more to offer.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched both shows last night and found them very informative.  I don’t think I could endure that very hot bath, though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mom is Japanese and when us kids were young she would make us get in a tub of really hot water...omg. I remember dreading those baths. She always told us it was good for us.  I would get out of the tub looking like a lobster...a really clean lobster! Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I really like this new series!  Can see some parallels between Bourdain's series and Gupta's.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I really like this new series!  Can see some parallels between Bourdain's series and Gupta's.

@patbz   That is exactly what I was thinking last night watching Gupta.  Afterwards, a rerun of Bourdain’s show came on and I at first thought it was another Gupta show! The parallels are definitely there!