Honored Contributor

Re: Charlie Rose To Undergo Heart Surgery On Thursday

@esmerelda wrote:

@PearleeIt makes as much difference as the need to post any of it here I guess.

Well IMO the big story is he is having heart surgery to have a valve replaced that was put in a long time ago and needs to be replaced.   To me it doesn't matter how long ago, just that the valve is old.  The particular detail of which year it was put in is of no importnace to me with regard to the point of the news story.

Respected Contributor

as we all know one has to check accuracy of info in press -  all - the - time.

Respected Contributor

Wishing all the best for Charlie.  He is a class act! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

Hmmm...I thought it was done in 2006.  I remembered him not being on his show then.  So I checked his wiki page and yep, 2006, not 2005. 

I wonder how page six got it wrong?

@esmerelda  Does it make that much difference?  The point is he's had the valve long enough that it needs to be replaced.  

I used to work for The NY Post- they got LOTS of things wrong!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I have a friend dealing with tricky heart valve issues.  Wishing Charlie Rose the very best and a healthy recovery...

Super Contributor

Love watching him on the morning CBS show. He is a class act. ❤to Charlie. 

Esteemed Contributor

I heard the announcement this morning on the CBS Morning News program that I watch every day. Charlie Rose and i share the same birthday, JANUARY 5. He is five years older than I am. He seems to have the energy, curiosity, and motivation of a younger man. I sincerely hope that the surgery will keep him going as long as he chooses to work. He has an amazing interview ability. Here's hoping he can return to work in great shape.

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

Hmmm...I thought it was done in 2006.  I remembered him not being on his show then.  So I checked his wiki page and yep, 2006, not 2005. 

I wonder how page six got it wrong?

@esmerelda  Does it make that much difference?  The point is he's had the valve long enough that it needs to be replaced.  

I used to work for The NY Post- they got LOTS of things wrong!  Woman LOL

my first career was in book publishing and i worked in the publicity department, coordinating with newspapers, tv, etc.  i was quite busy correcting their lack of attention to simplest details.  it taught me a lesson i never forgot.

Honored Contributor

Having 2 places in NC, I assume he's from there? He sure doesn't have a southern accent. I guess they make you lose it for the job-I think a southern accent is charming. I like Charlie so, whatever.

Super Contributor

The CBS nightly news just said Charlie had the operation and is doing fine. yeah.  He is scheduled to return to the morning show in March. Great news.