Esteemed Contributor

Re: Charles Krauthammer Cancer Diagnosis

Although I disagreed with him politically, I always admired his intellect and his resilience. Charles Krauthammer suffered far more than the average human being but he maintained his engagement in the political life of our country and contributed to important dialogue in political debate.

Super Contributor

It is always sad when someone gets news like that.  I don't know who this man is (I don't watch Fox), but my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Honored Contributor

Charles

Before the accident.

Charles

Brilliant mind, brilliant life.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

A tragic diagnosis, but a respected man who will leave a legacy of intellect and integrity.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

Charles is one of my favorites!!  Loved listening to him...loved that little smirk he would get when discussing subjects.   Such a good debater and so charming while he sliced up his opponent's theories!!!  Smiley Happy

I remember seeing a documentary on his life some years ago.  He has really been though such an extraordinary life!  Thoughts of prayers and strength for his family.

@corita

Charles Krauthammer: A Life That Matters is very likely the one you're referring to.  Definitely worth watching!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

This is such sad news🙁  I admire him so for the fight he put up to withstand the odds against him....brilliant man! Amazing! And so talented. Too much sad news lately.....

Valued Contributor

He's a remarkable man with a towering intellect and a gift of communication that few can match.  Godspeed, Dr. K.  You will be missed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't remember when I first encountered him, it was so long ago--  was it on the McLaughlin Group on PBS?

Then started reading his brilliant, intellectually rigorous columns, again can't remember if he had linked up yet with the Washington Post.  Both the Post and Fox News had to be well aware of how lucky they were to have a thinker and writer of his caliber, with his sure and easy grasp of the sweep of history, and with that wonderful, sly, mischievous humor thrown in to boot!

Everyone admired his gallant spirit-- to go on from that life-altering accident, and to persevere, and work, and achieve, at the level that he did.   To finish medical school with the obstacles he faced, acquire the tools of a psychiatrist, and then apply them so surgically to his social observions and writing.  He inspired at every turn.

He's brave to the end.  Courage and grace are in that letter, which his colleagues read with such love on "Outnumbered".  Praying that Charles' last days are peaceful.

Respected Contributor

Charles Krauthammer is always the smartest person in any room. the Pulitzer Prize winner, WaPo columnist and Fox commentator always wowed with his clarity, brevity, humor and intellect.  it didn't matter if you agreed with him. he makes arguments on intellectual grounds - always respectful with those who disagreed.  he has overcome sooo much that it is hard to imagine he can't overcome this by force of intellect, humanity and will power.  but he says he leaves with no regrets as he has led a great life, a life he intended.  Godspeed, Charles. you inspire us with your courage and dignity.

Honored Contributor

Wow, that couldn't be better said, @ms traditional!  You captured it, eloquently.