Esteemed Contributor

Re: Charges against Jussie Smollett dropped

If it were any of our sons or anyone without money, they would have been jailed.  Unbe!ievable.   Depends on your status today.  

Respected Contributor

I don't know what to believe anymore. Truly.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

It's Cook County, probably one of the most corrupt places in the country.  A lot of money under the table, to the right people and your problems are solved.

@Tyak  I get what you’re saying but if that’s the case wouldn’t it have been done in the beginning? Before a grand jury handed down a 16 count indictment!! It’s much easier to take a bribe before you go on national tv & crucify him & talk about all the evidence you have to convict him.

Something very strange is going on.My son just texted me & said that his law professor is discussing this in class now.

OMG!! This is crazy stuff.

@NicksmomESQ  If you and your son have a conversation about it would be really interested to know what his professor said.  Since IMO almost every talking head on the cable news networks has an agenda.  Would love to be proved wrong about that.

Valued Contributor

Incorrect, he didn't lose his bond, but he told the city to keep it, it is probably to make himself look good in that 10,000 wouldn't cover all the city staff drawn to this case, he is a pig and I will no longer watch Empire

Honored Contributor

Sealing things -- records, reports -- does not benefit us.  IMO we the people deserve to know the answers, especially in huge cases that somehow are made to go away.    Especially when the mayor is outraged.

I'm impressed, some commentators on the two cable channels I watch are coming down very hard on him.  I'm pleasantly surprised.  Facts are stubborn things.  Sealing records is so unfair to all.

They're outraged like we are that the records are sealed.

Valued Contributor

are you kidding?  Did you watch his lawyer?  She stated that Jussie has been doing community service since he was 16 so he is exempt.

Respected Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I hope he has to pay the city of Chicago back for all the money spent on this fiasco.

No, he will not! And they are furious and rightfully so. I just listened to the mayor and superintendent .... what a disgrace... he bought his way out.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I'm really surprised at how outraged the Mayor is!  He's not mincing words at all.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

How can his record be expunged if the charges were dropped?  What is there to expunge?

At this point, posters on this board are just making stuff up as they along.  It's like they are writing a novel.....lol   

@chrystaltree Kind of like you by saying, "It appears that the real liars here were probably the police who framed him." 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never watched Empire and will never watch anything with this jerk in.