Respected Contributor

Re: Charges against Jussie Smollett dropped

Whether he was set up or he planned this deliberately, IMO he certainly made it much more difficult for people who report hate crimes to be believed. 

Respected Contributor

IMO he was never attacked! Just remember we are all entitled to our opinions and this whole situation smells bad to me. The truth will come out. It usually always does. 

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

i read that he loses the bond he put up and has to do community service.  wrist slap.

Where?  No one is saying anything like that. Every single news outlet is saying that charges were dropped in totality and for some reason, the record has been sealed.  Smollett's attorney doesn't even know what happened but HE has been cleared of all charges.  Perhps that what you read and misunderstood.

didn't his attorney admit bond was surrendered - i thought she got a qestion as to where that $ would actually go -- @chrystaltree   ??  so, what would that mean?  a deal was made? weird for an innocent to surrender his bond - but we don't know all the details.

Maybe a deal was made because there was wrongdoing on both sides. He wasn't exactly telling the truth but he was also set up. I'm just guessing of course.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Valued Contributor

@Scooty  I heard that about Mark Geragos being one of Smollett's attorneys.  Interesting about Geragos also being named a co-conspirator with Avenatti.  And, CNN fired him today as a legal analyst.  What a deal!

Regular Contributor

Charges dropped, judge sealed records, police are ticked off and asking for a federal investigation of the prosecutors. Someone big intervened here.  Very interesting, the truth will prevail.  It always does sooner or later.  I think this whole thing will backfire on him.

Never a good idea for prosecutors to tick off the police force.  They do need the police to show up in court to prosecute their cases.  Someone is not thinking ahead.

Esteemed Contributor

If he sent that 'threat' letter to himself, I hope that case will go through the legal system.  Would like to know the real story behind the brothers....were they really a part of the set up??

Esteemed Contributor

Rahm Emanuel and Eddie Johnson are outraged.

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

the Mayor condemns this "deal" as hurtful to victims of hate crimes- refers questions about "deal" to State's Att'y and praises the police to the hilt, with Eddie Johnson at his side.  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

This is going to get ugly between CPD and the State's Atty office.  Something went wrong with the SA who recused herself with little to no explanation and now here we are . . . yikes.

Respected Contributor

Did any one watch his statement , he said he has been truthful from the beginning and he would never do this to his family and that he is his mother's son. He is an actor trying to save himself from going to jail. He should be ashamed if he did do it and make a statement like that.