Honored Contributor

@SoftRain - See his performance in SNL. He had an extraordinary capacity for dialects and accents, and the ability to make a wide range of speech variations sound as authentic as any you'd hear among any group of people on an urban (or suburban) street.

His comedic timing was spot on. Looking forward to spending some time with some of his lesser known work, and thinking of what more could have been.

Honored Contributor

T’Challa’s speech to the United Nations 

“Wakanda will no longer watch from the shadows. We cannot. We must not. We will work to be an example of how we as brothers and sisters on this earth should treat each other. Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than divides us. But in times of crisis, the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.”

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  "His acting was a gift."

While still a student at Howard University, Denzel Washington once paid for Chadwick Boseman to take drama lessons through a program at Balliol College at Oxford University.

@Jordan2  "I thought actors undergo physicals before starting any movie role, I thought they had to pass their physicals and the movie company would take out an insurance policy on them in the event they were unable to complete the movie?"

I don't think a colon exam is part of the physical.  Even if it was, more than likely his physician cleared him to work as he was not at the "end stage" of the disease.

Alex Trebeck is still working in the tv industry & he made his disease public.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

He seemed like such a lovely and talented young man.    Smiley Sad   

RIP, dear soul.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac I'm not a medical professional, I just wonder if blood work shows anything suspicious like in the white and red blood count?

Honored Contributor
@Mz iMac If I'm not mistaken Trebek's work contract was signed before he found out about his cancer. That makes a difference. It often doesn't work to make comparisons without knowing all the facts/details.
Honored Contributor

Way too young.  I hadn't realized that he was the actor who portrayed Jackie Robinson.

Honored Contributor

Nicole Kidman posted this photo on Instagram of them backstage at the Oscars in 2018. I think it's beautiful.

Nicole+Kidman+Chadwick+Boseman+90th+Annual+wjPWuNaq_20l.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor

@violann Thanks for the recommendation!  I will definitely look for the SNL episode with Chadwick Boseman. I missed Get On Up, and I see it's on our pay per view. I'm sure his portrayal of James Brown was spot on. It's going to take me awhile to get past this. Such an incredible talent and apparently a genuinely good person.

Esteemed Contributor

My 13 year old grandson was very sad when he heard the news. He loves Black Panther. I don't know much about him or this movie. But sad for his fans. 2020 really is a crappy year.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.