Honored Contributor

What fortitude this man had.  The evening news reported that he worked on four blockbusters while undergoing cancer surgeries and chemotherapy.  How he did this, I'll never understand.  Something compelled him to keep going.

May he rest in peace.

New Contributor

I'm so sad to hear about this and I fear that he felt he had to keep working to ensure that his bills got paid. Don't know if his spouse works or if they have kids. I'm pretty sure if people had known they would have been more than happy to start a gofundme.  I worry now what will become of his family.  

Honored Contributor

ABC is showing Black Panther tonight(I believe with no commercials), followed by a special about Chadwick.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor
Yes no commercials.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
How awful! That's so young, even before the age colonoscopies are recommended (at least by my doctor). What a loss and what a shock. Very sad news. He was a wonderful actor with a bright future in that profession and a handsome guy.

My Mom died of Colon Cancer and because she was diagnosed at 72, we still had to wait until we were 50 yrs. old.

Honored Contributor

😥😥😥

EgnIU3PWsAA8kZQ.jpg

aab6af4dd5bfb8b128137b694e0b3bc0.jpeg

afee3ca90fd7697b36aa00aebec484c6.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Super Contributor

@GenXmuse from what I have read, he kept that part of his personal life private.  I would imagine had his illness gotten out, it may have affected his career.  I admire  him for pushing through and continue to live his life to the fullest.  I agree with you.  This is heartbreaking. Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

@Pearlee  I thought the same thing.  He was under 50 years old. So sad.

Super Contributor

@jeanlake I agree with you.  He was also well educated.  He had a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Howard University.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Msfitness Our country lost a wonderful young man. What an inspiration to so many young people. My 12 year old grandson's heart is broken. He's learned a lot about the world and valuing people by listening to Chadwick Boseman speak and watching his movies. Our family is a huge fan of 42 movie as well.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau