Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Celine Dion has SPS, a rare disease

I'm thankful that she had the strength to come out and tell her fans what is going on. It had been clearly evident that her health was declining. 

Honored Contributor

Such an incredible voice.  Wonder if she'll ever be able to sing again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's a type of scleroderma. I have scleroderma but not that kind but it's made some of my joints immobile...my hands are in permanent fists and not able to open them at all. It's all progressive. I feel badly for Celine.

Regular Contributor

Oh..SillieeMee, when reading your entry it made me feel so sad for you, I feel badly for you, too.

Esteemed Contributor

This is just another reminder for all of us to be thankful for what we have, health and otherwise.  Does not matter how much money you have, money can not buy everything.  I hope she can recover as best she can and at least be comfortable.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Such an incredible voice.  Wonder if she'll ever be able to sing again.

@Krimpette    if the disease progresses it could make her vocal cords stiff is what I read

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

This is just another reminder for all of us to be thankful for what we have, health and otherwise.  Does not matter how much money you have, money can not buy everything.  I hope she can recover as best she can and at least be comfortable.

@Puppy Lips   yes, and also a a reminder we are  all human beings... and fame or not, life just happens to everyone... we are all equal on that level...

Honored Contributor

I saw her video this morning. I felt very sad for her.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A long time ago, when I use to go to scleroderma support group meetings, I met a woman who was in a wheelchair. Her entire body was frozen stiff from the disease. The only part of her that could barely move were her eyelids. She had trouble speaking b/c the disease made her lips and tongue very rigid. Her case was the worst I have ever seen. She was young, too...in her 30s.

It affects internal organs also. My heart, lungs and kidneys are involved but not critical yet.