Trusted Contributor

Re: Celebrity Wife Swap with Jason Mesnick and Sean Lowe cast members on The Bachelor

I don't think Sean is half as bad as the show made him look.  They had to have some "spice" in the show because both guys are so nice and seem so normal, that the producers decided to make one of them seem to have quirkiness.  Just a little manuevering to make the show more interesting, I guess.  These are only my opinions - I've been wrong before!! lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Celebrity Wife Swap with Jason Mesnick and Sean Lowe cast members on The Bachelor

[ Edited ]

Probably not as bad, but I'm thinking that Molly wouldn't have 'made it up'.  I do think that she saw a definite imbalance in the relationship (as presented by the producers), or she wouldn't have mentioned it.   I believe she saw that (possibly) Catherine didn't have her own friends, and possibly felt somewhat isolated. She seems quite 'straight-foward' in her observations.   Could be that S. doesn't want his wife 'out there'.  (Slightly jealous, perhaps?)  After all, Catherine is quite beautiful, very attractive.         Edited:  Just reading all of the updates, yes, the producers have tweeked this couple's lifestyle.  But it was very enjoyable to watch, anyway!  (IMO)  I'm looking forward to their new show.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Both Molly and Jason mentioned things on Twitter last night that alludes to them doing things on Wife Swap that weren't what they would normally do in "real life."  For example, Molly mentioned she would never drive a mini van, but the show had her telling Sean he needed to trade in his sports car for a mini van to prepare for their future family.

Someone asked Jason on Twitter if he thought the show was making Sean look bad, while victimizing Catherine.  Jason replied, "I actually thought the same thing while watching it. But in real life they have a great relationship!"  

Someone else asked Jason to name one thing he disliked about doing Wife Swap, and he replied, "The same thing I disliked about The Bachelor; TV producers.."

And someone asked Sean about having Catherine ironing his socks.  Sean replied, "man you realize that was all staged right?"  He also said Catherine "would scratch my eyes out if I ever gave her a to-do list." 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

As I said earlier, I only watched the first few minutes of the swap......however, in response to the info that Romary provided me , I would like to comment. Because Molly considered there to be a marital imbalance really means less than nothing. The terms of a marriage are best established and examined by the two people involved. 

There is a lot to be said for traditional roles. 

Honored Contributor

I just finished texting my middle adult daughter.  Her children are best friends with the twins who's parent were on Wife Swap (The Queen of Versille) (her name is Jackie).  My daughter lives near them.  

(Jackie) said just yesterday when my daughter took them home from her house that her children were disappointed when the producers told them they were going to go camping for a few days.  She said they weren't even 'camping' 1/2 a day when they took them back home.

My daughter said, "Who believes these shows"?  I said, "The same people who believe "The Bachelor and the other junk shows are real".

There is no such thing as real reality shows.  I keep wondering when these things are going to burn out but they keep going and going.

Incidentally, I saw where WUSA (Channel 9 here in DC area) "Inside Edition"  is going to have an interview with Jackie (The Queen of Versaille they called her).  I told my daughter and she said Jackie mentioned it yesterday.  I asked my daughter if she was going to talk about her daughter who just died and she said Jackie didn't talk about that.

Honored Contributor

All of the people on these shows has an ego problem.  How else would they agree to be on these shows?

It's stupid to think they are going to make any of these people look good.  They want to do whatever will get people to watch TV.

These bachelors are especially ignorant.  They saw first hand how the show was twisted and put together to get people's tongues waggin'.  

I think anyone who agrees to be on these shows are just publicity (insert a word for a lady of the night).  Why else would they do it, other than a way to get some money.  Although Jackie wouldn't need the money, she just probably has a big ego.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This surprises me.  These two couples in particular have seemed to keep a low profile.  They must have been offered a fortune.

BTW, I've never watched the show.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Sean has not kept a low profile.  He wrote a book called "for All The Right Reasons".  He was paid between $75,000 and $90,000 for Celebrity Wife Swap and $90,000 for Dancing With the Stars AND (reportedly) "six figures for getting married on TV".

I couldn't find how much Jason was paid but it was probably the same amount.  Jason's 10 year old son was not on the show and I don't remember them mentioning him.  If they did it was VERY briefly.

On one hand I can understand the enticement of getting easy money but knowing how these producers turn things around would make me not want to do it.

Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

As I said earlier, I only watched the first few minutes of the swap......however, in response to the info that Romary provided me , I would like to comment. Because Molly considered there to be a marital imbalance really means less than nothing. The terms of a marriage are best established and examined by the two people involved. 

There is a lot to be said for traditional roles. 

Hi, Danky!  Yes, you are right!  I was just thinking (about a half hour ago or so) that how lucky Catherine will be when she has children!  Yes, I like the traditional type of families, too, if and when possible.  Looks as though this couple will be able to afford it, which is always nice, if and when both are very happy.   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I've tried to watch the wife swap shows, but rarely stay tuned in for a couple of reasons:

1. I have no idea who these "celebrities" are.  I've never heard of the two in the OP!

2. They all seem the same by matching up different lifestyles.