Honored Contributor

Celebrity Wife Swap with Jason Mesnick and Sean Lowe cast members on The Bachelor

Every now and then I watch this show.  I just tuned in.  This guy Sean Lowe is a major jerk!  He has his wife iron his socks.  Now my mother ironed her socks but that was HER choice and she ironed her own socks.

So far I've only seen where he is really full of himself.  I don't usually watch any of the Bachelor shows or the other shows with the females.

I don't think many of them stay together for very long.  Anyone else watch them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Celebrity Wife Swap with Jason Mesnick and Sean Lowe cast members on The Bachelor

I watched this tonight and was a bit surprised at Sean. I always liked Jason and Molly and even more so after watching them tonight. Both couples seemed happy, which was nice to see. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Celebrity Wife Swap with Jason Mesnick and Sean Lowe cast members on The Bachelor

I was not impressed with Sean and wonder why Catherine doesn't work outside the home.  She is too young to be sitting around doing nothing.  A job would bring her the feeling of independence and accomplishment, and she would have a different set of friends.

I didn't care for Jason when he was on the Bachelor but he and Molly seem very happy.

Super Contributor

I thought Sean seemed like one of the "better" guys when he was the bachelor.   He seemed to have better morals and deeper substance.  I didn't care much for Catherine.   However, seeing them as a married couple, I really feel sorry for her.  He seems to be a control freak and she has no life of her own.  Frankly, I'm surprised they are still together. Jason and Molly seem to have it together and are really cute together. 

Respected Contributor

Like a lot of other reality shows, there's often a lot of misrepresentation of character and situation.  It seems this show wasn't the exception.  Sean Lowe posted the following on his Twitter last night:

"Yeah... so that whole Wife Swap thing made me look like a complete jackass but I guess that's the risk you run when you agree to take part in something like that. Thanks to those who saw through it all and offered words of support. Now here's a picture of my dog watching herself on TV. Goodnight."

And Catherine posted this on Twitter:

"I have been blessed with the most humble, selfless, wonderful husband Smiley Happy TV has been great to us and sometimes it hasn't, but I am always confident knowing @seanloweksu's heart is good. I wish you could all see past his chest of titanium to his heart of gold ❤️"

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

Annabelle---didn't watch their original shows but taped last night because of my unnatural desire to know how people live---I only watched the first 10 minutes to see their homes and I really liked both of them. 

Your comment about ironing sox prompted my laughing response.....In our household, sox were ironed as well as sheets, hankies (remember those?), slips, tablecloths/napkins (which we used every day), aprons, dish towels, cotton bras, etc.....I haven't used an iron in 20 years !

Honored Contributor

OMGoodness!  I thoroughly enjoyed that particular episode!  And I, too, am very surprised re: Sean.  He seems to be 'running the show'.  Well, all I can think of is that Catherine likes that type of arrangement (many/some/whatever do).  It's just that I'm totally surprised.  I'm wondering what his parents' view is about their arrangement.  They don't have children, just two dogs (which are similar to family, BTW, and they are lucky dogs, thank goodness.)  Anyway, I'm shocked at his 'lists' and Catherine's 'duties'/chores'.  Shocked!  I'm serious.  I'm thinking that Catherine would probably enjoy a part-time job or volunteer, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

BTW, if anyone missed this episode, just go to the official ABC site and you will be able to watch it (free).  I always just type in search:  "ABC Celebrity Wife Swap watch full free episodes."  You might have to wait a day or so, maybe not.  This goes for any ABC show.  Also CBS shows.  Possibly other networks' shows, too.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Also, although it wasn't shown, Catherine still works for Amazon on a freelance basis.  Before she moved to Dallas, she worked for Amazon as a Graphic Designer, and now still works on freelance stuff from Dallas    I know she also does a lot of other small entrepreneurial things - she had a limited line of greeting cards and other items at one time.  This show made Catherine seem like a submissive wife, but from what I've seen of her on The Bachelor and on tv interviews, she's a really independent go-getter.  I guess the "role" of submissive wife was what the producers wanted her to play.  

Catherine and Sean are also going to be on the next season of Marriage Boot Camp.  Maybe being on Wife Swap was setting them up for supposed "problems" they have in their marriage.  I think they should probably prepare themselves for how they will be represented on that show, too!

Here's a link which mentions Catherine and Sean filming Marriage Boot Camp:

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/marriage-boot-camp-recruits-the-bachelor-love-and-hip-h...

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

p.s.  'That Molly' is pretty smart.  Lots of common sense, if you ask me.