Honored Contributor

Re: Celebrity IOU - Kardashians

[ Edited ]

I didn't realize when I watched that it was the second season. So I have now downloaded season one and any in season two I may have missed. I am interested in hearing about Brad Pitt's choice and what that person did for him to want to give back to them.

Like seeing the celebrities do something other than sing/act and helping others.

Also, I have changed the title to the thread so others will find that the discussion is not just about the Kardashians; that just happened to be the first one I saw. I would like to hear about the other episodes prior to the one I watched.

Respected Contributor

Re: Celebrity IOU - Kardashians

@TurnerGal wrote:

I think the owner of the house was very appreciative.  I also wondered how she would maintain that yard.  Maybe her kids can help.  

The one thing I kept starring at was Kim's lips.  I don't watch their show.  I kept thinking her lips were so large it probably took an entire tube of lipstick the way her lips looked.

She was so beautiful "before" - why did she do this to herself?  And the dark lip liner/pale lipstick looked terrible.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Celebrity IOU - Season 2

[ Edited ]

I just watched the Brad Pitt and Allison Janney episodes from the first season and really enjoyed them. It is fun to see celebrities away from the movies/TV. I can't seem to get thru any of the several episodes I have watched so far without shedding a tear in the end out of joy for the recipient.

Brad's gift to his makeup friend of so many years was truly perfect for her. Loved how her makeup mirror popped right up out of the counter.

Trusted Contributor

I won't watch this show as this is just my opinion.  I would love to see the concept of these celebrities help a random homeless or families that cannot afford an upgrade.  Mind you I am all about helping and it's great they are helping but, could you imagine the familes in need to get the help and their faces in shock to see it was a celebrity that did that.  That would have a huge impact.

Honored Contributor

For those who might be interested, it appears there is going to be a new show that is closely related to how Celebrity IOU works. It is called Secret Celebrity Renovation, and it premieres on CBS on Friday, July 9.

According to the latest TV Guide: "Much like HGTV's Celebrity IOU, stars give back to people who have made a difference in their lives--with dream home makeovers. Tonight (July 9), Wayne Brady's labor of love is for his Aunt Lilly, who helped raise him in Orlando. Later it will be Paula Abdul, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and Boomer Eslason."

Honored Contributor

I just watched the episode last night with Leann Rimes, and thought it was really good! She is cute, funny and seems like she was realyl enjoying it all. The kitchen and outdoor space seemed to really fit the man that it was designed for. He was someone that was there for her during her darkest times is what she said and she wanted to show him her gratitude.....

I enjoy the show, and enjoy watching the celebs give back and I enjoy watching the changes that go on with the home, and glad for the recipients, I always get teary eyed at the end! lol.... 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I always get teary-eyed also. I tell myself: "It's just a remodel job; get over it!"  ha!

I get very excited for the recipient. I also like to see that some of the celebrities have friends that are not super rich; they are just down-home people who have homes that could use help.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I always get teary-eyed also. I tell myself: "It's just a remodel job; get over it!"  ha!

I get very excited for the recipient. I also like to see that some of the celebrities have friends that are not super rich; they are just down-home people who have homes that could use help.

@World Traveler I agree, and love also the fact that their friends aren't sjuper rich, but ordinary, everyday people! Makes it much more enjoyable, I think!