Honored Contributor

Celebrity IOU - Season 2

[ Edited ]

I must admit right up front that I am not a fan of the Kardashians. However, I was curious when I saw a promo for the program called Celebrity IOU on HGTV. Having only watched one episode, I'm not sure this is how it goes every time with different celebrities, but this time it was about Kim, Kris, and Kendell, who have a friend named Jill, who went thru a lot last year with the loss of her husband and mother.

She moved into a new place, but spent most of her money on the inside renovation. Kris and the girls wanted to surprise her and had the Scott Brothers come in and totally renovate her yard, which was pretty pathetic looking to begin with. She didn't even have a step by her front door. Think it was just dirt there.

I was so amazed at the awesome job they did, bringing in full-grown olive trees, filling in the old swimming pool and building another one at the complete opposite end of the property, building her an outside kitchen, and a "gossip" area where she and Kris can hang out, which is in Hidden Hills.

I assume the Kardashians paid for it (or through sponsorship of companies who did the actual work). Compared to work I have done in my yard, I don't think I would be exaggerating to say at least $200,000 went into that yard. It is something I would love to duplicate!

I definitely want to watch the next celebrity who helps out a friend. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Celebrity IOU - Kardashians

@World Traveler That sounds so nice, and very generous of them! I love to read and see when celebs and others do things for people less fortunate......

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler @CANDLEQUEEN   This is the second season of the show.  You can google Celebrity IOU, then episodes to see all the celebrities that were on last season.  Unfortunately I can't stand the Property Brothers so I stopped watching.  It is a very heartwarming show.

Honored Contributor

They just won't go away will they? 

It's just another look at me and what I did show.

Trusted Contributor

Last season Brad Pitt did a renovation for a friend who I think was his makeup artist.  Zooey Dechanel (spellling?) did an episode and Melissa McCarthy renovated a house for old friends of hers. Michael Buble did a renovation of his grandfather's home.  I believe the grandfather's caretaker lived in the home now.  Justin Hartley does one this season too.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like it is a show  to place celebrities in a good light of how " generous " they are  , however infact many of the costs are likely absorbed by the companies who are providing the goods. Did the Scott Brothers do it for free ? Guess, they just pick people who have worked for them, hairdresers, makeup artists , caretakers ...

Total shame,  a fakery  , I'm not interested in watching .

Trusted Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Sounds like it is a show  to place celebrities in a good light of how " generous " they are  , however infact many of the costs are likely absorbed by the companies who are providing the goods. Did the Scott Brothers do it for free ? Guess, they just pick people who have worked for them, hairdresers, makeup artists , caretakers ...

Total shame,  a fakery  , I'm not interested in watching .

Good thing you have a remote.

Trusted Contributor

Yes I feel the same way about the "k" family as you do.   I thought it was a good episode but I would think all the work they did cost more like $500K.  They did all the work on the front yard and added full sized trees.  That pool alone I am guessing cost $100K and then the out door cooking island cost a lot.   I wonder how much the Kardashians kick in and how much HGTV kicks in.

Honored Contributor

I have to admit that I cried a little when their friend saw how much had been done to turn it into something she could use for her family and friends. It seems grander than the outside of her home, which may be fabulous inside though.

Trusted Contributor

I love that show but not watching that episode.  Not watching one thing with the Kardashians in it.  

Glad those of you that watched it liked it.  Onto the next one.