Honored Contributor

Re: Celebrity Big Brother News!!!

@lovescats wrote:

maybe a dishwasher is more sanitary for today's world then having some of them just rinsing things  with water ( at least it seemed like to me sometimes)

The dishwasher makes sense from both a sanitary and water use standpoint. They would leave the water running for a half-hour straight while doing dishes. They'd never use a dishpan, but just keep the water running the whole time. A dishwasher will use a lot less water.

Lots of upgrades to the old house this year. The new staircase goes over the old back doors which they've changed from a sliding door to a French door. They've also blocked the door so people can't see out. They've got a big sauna (not sure if it's usable or just decorative.) They've got a hot tub separate from the pool. That's the same as in other Celebrity BB seasons where they just give them a piece of the yard as they need to be rotating the yard constantly for comps and the old pool/hot tub are in the competition area. The house looks okay overall. Lots of changes to the kitchen. A new cooktop, wall-mounted ovens, a more permanent island. They spent some real money to fix up the old place. There are more substantial changes than we've seen in recent years. Three sinks in the bathroom now, up from the previous two. A makeup bar-type set-up in the bathroom with four stools. 

It looks pretty impressive so far. We'll have to see how much of this gets carried over to the summer season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

They sure pamper these so-called stars, don't they.  All the sitting and hanging out space, sauna, hot tubs, dishwasher, etc. It's ridiculous for just three weeks.  Hopefully the next group will get to keep some of these extras.  There the ones that need it.  I guess I shouldn't complain because they still have to share the bathrooms.  lol

Honored Contributor

@GRANNY77 wrote:

They sure pamper these so-called stars, don't they.  All the sitting and hanging out space, sauna, hot tubs, dishwasher, etc. It's ridiculous for just three weeks.  Hopefully the next group will get to keep some of these extras.  There the ones that need it.  I guess I shouldn't complain because they still have to share the bathrooms.  lol

Yeah, they really spent some money this year to update the old place. I would say they had double, or maybe triple their normal budget for this short season. EW has some house photos up that even show clean new ceiling tiles. Everyone was shocked at the moldy, discolored ceiling tiles in last summer's photos. It looks like they replaced those this year. You can't have your celebrities looking up at a ceiling like that.

It's a pretty-looking house. How much they redo for the summer season will be interesting. A ski chalet doesn't make sense for the summer season, but did they blow the whole budget making it look pretty for the celebs? 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The houseguests reportedly went into the house last Wednesday, the 26th, and we've had no leaks on what's happening. We'll be catching up on things for a bit once the feeds come on.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I always hated every character Chris Kattan played on saturday night live so I wonder what I will think of him.

Respected Contributor

As long as this new season is better than the last...I have been a Big Brother fan since it's inception but the last one was unacceptable to me.  We'll see...

Honored Contributor

Reports are that each celebrity gets $100,000 for being on the show and the winner gets $250,000. I'm betting many are just waiting for the first chance to get the boot and collect their hundred grand and don't care about winning. If they make it to the final four or five the winning might get more important, but at the start, most are probably anxious to get out of there and back to their homes. 

They're giving at least two of them the boot each week, so the show should move pretty quickly. We'll start finding out more tomorrow night. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I remember carson kressley now from being on qvc for a short time after he left queer eye

maybe they will want to win if being on this gets them more instagram followers not that I am going to follow any

Honored Contributor

It's show day! Finally! The players have been in the house playing the game since the 26th, so there's a lot of catching up to do. Reports indicate that Lamar Odom keeps forgetting there are cameras and walks out of the shower nude. That's troubling the producers who must keep editing around it. He's also lamenting his breakup with whichever Kardashian it was he was involved with. There's not a lot more that we know about as of yet, but in a few days we should have a good handle on what's going on. 

The First HOH comp was apparently an endurance comp and won by one of the women if the rumors are true. We'll find out tonight.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I have to admit I'm not happy that we missed out on the entire first week of the players getting settled in and getting to know each other but what's done is done. As Gardenman said--now we play catch up. At least we're almost there.

I heard the same rumor, G'man, about the first hoh winner. I won't post the name in case we have folks that don't want it spoiled. I'm also a little disappointed we only get a one hour premiere. At least we get two hours on Friday.

How funny that Lamar forgets about the cameras and exits the shower naked. I mean, I can see how it would be a hard habit to break. It's weird to have to think about getting dressed while still in the shower. Still, even if you forget there are cameras, how do you forget you have 10 roommates? Smiley Very Happy