Respected Contributor

Matt used to be on Clean House too.  I've always liked him and he is a very personable guy IRL.  I met him at a comedy show here in Colorado (where he is from).

Respected Contributor

Arnold changed his evaluation. He noted Matt's win on being a winner each time. He noted that George was good at the start, faltered in the middle, and came back strong.

During the show Arnold kept repeating you can never give up. He said he won a competition, lost it, and then won again. Winning again, and not giving up is what really matters. Well George did just that.

As for the money issue. Matt all season long complained he did not have the sources and was the underdog in the competition and tried the hardest. At the end his money resources came forth. The donations came from the very people who always donated to his charity. Hence, most money he collected came from his charity donors who would have donated during the year, and not outside the box. Matt did not raise the money as others did for their charities.

Matt won not on his merits but those of others.

Boy George did the job and acknowledged others

Arnold you are terminated!

Honored Contributor

Question:   If Matt did rely on *usual* donors, wasn't the money doubled as a reward from Apprentice?  I'm not sure, just asking.

Because if I usually gave to an organization, but knew that if I gave it to another entity and it would go towards same organization, but my donation would be doubled, I would do it that way.

I may be wrong about Apprentice doubling the contribution to the charity in the end.

I just wasn't wild about Boy George in this. 

I thought his singing for the cruiseline was horrendous

I was never wild about his songs to begin with.  The exception being an *impromptu* with Antony/Anohni singing "You Are My Sister".  Superb.

Trusted Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Matt used to be on Clean House too.  I've always liked him and he is a very personable guy IRL.  I met him at a comedy show here in Colorado (where he is from).

I haven't seen you since Big Brother.  Always enjoy your imput.

Jamma

Trusted Contributor

I thought it was a great final episode. I was ok with either person winning. 

They both did a great job. 

Honored Contributor

Just saw Matt on Home & Family (Hallmark channel).

Something strange......

He said that he didn't find out he won until it was aired on TV. 

HUH???

Said all his friends were gathered around and filming his face (reaction) when it was announced on TV.

HUH???

I thought--you weren't there Matt?

But he said they taped two endings.  One with Boy George winning and one with Matt winning.

Strange.  Why would they do that?

So it would be an artificial *SURPRISE!* kinda. 

Agree?

Valued Contributor

The best part of the show was when arnold  met kaitlin jenner.arniold didnot know

weather to shake her hand or kiss her.funniest thing i ever saw.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Watching also. This has really been an abbreviated season. I also didn't realize there wouldn't be a live event.  A little disappointing. The right person won.

Agreed.

And I enjoyed the pace of the season overall! I like there being 2 tasks each week, but the final episode was sort of blah. No big festivities- it being a 'live' event in the past brought a lot of hype and attention to the show & the charities involved. I thought the episodes each week were more exciting & interesting to watch!

Honored Contributor

Re: Celebrity Apprentice

[ Edited ]

From what we saw, the correct person won.  I just didn't care for him.

As I said before,  I was tired of hearing about Arnold's body building competitions.  I have no respect for a married man and father who impregnates the married housekeeper.

If this series returns, I doubt I'll watch it.

Respected Contributor

This year, I was surprised with the amount of profanity (from all of the beeping).  Why is this behavior necessary ... was it the class of people this season?    At least DJT's seasons seem to be more "professional."    

With the lower ratings--perhaps we've seen the last.